Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

POOL.COM Billing Authorization Form??

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Won a POOL.COM auction and waiting for control over the domain after about 2 weeks now. Is this normal?

Also, when emailing POOL.COM over the issue they sent me a "billing authorization form"-- are they just going to keep the domain until I fill it out?

I sent you the following response a few days ago and the status of the sale has not changed since, meaning that we are still in the process of transferring the domain. Because your account was opened just earlier this month we do require that you fill out a billing authorization form.

1. How long does a domain transfer typically take?

2. Where in the TOS does it say I need to fill out a billing authorization form?

3. Are you going to keep my domain & money if I refuse to fill out such form because I never agreed to do it? [I'm NOT going to email or fax you a digital picture of my credit card, signature, etc)]

If I'm wrong about the billing authorization form (I can't find it in their TOS), please correct me.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you don't sign the form, why should you get the domain?

Are you saying you don't agree to it? If you pay by credit card you need to sign it. That way you don't commit fraud.

Otherwise tell them you will wire a payment and don't sign anything.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't sign the form, why should you get the domain?

Are you saying you don't agree to it? If you pay by credit card you need to sign it. That way you don't commit fraud.

Otherwise tell them you will wire a payment and don't sign anything.

Nowhere in their TOS says I have to do it. Why?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You have to do it for large transactions so you don't do a chargeback on your credit card.

Is it for your first transaction?

How much is it for?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm new to domaining so I wanted to test the waters with Pool.com's backorder, since this is a new concept, I thought how can they do it??

So, I backordered my first domain ~2 months ago and paid the $60 since nobody else wanted it I suppose.

Next, I tried the auctions for a semi-pronounceable CCVC.com and won the auction at $50. Still waiting and no chargeback.

Small change for now.

Why do I have to fax them my credit card from a foreign country so that someone can keep it on file in an office I don't know where it's at or who can look at the information? If it's not in the TOS when I signed up, why surprise me the 2nd purchase I make for the domain?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate part is it does not need to be in their TOS. As of late there has been a lot of fraud related to online transactions. So people use a credit card to commit fraud. If this is an issue for you, then do not use POOL...or you may ask them if you are able to wire the funds.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only way I can fax it is from a public copy machine here in Japan since fax machines have somewhat become obsolete.

They said I can take a picture of it, but that requires email over unsecured server.

I don't know how to do a wire transfer at a local bank.

So, they should have put this in their TOS before hand IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom