Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

pool.com question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 580 records in my backordered list.

Is there a way to massively delete all the ones I didn't get so I don't have to see them always?

The one at a time think stinks.

Let me know, Adam

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with namewinner - loads on a list you can't get rid of. If any reps from either place see this, please reply.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCG, I even have more than that and I actively delete names everyday.

I don't know why they don't have a check box to delete. Unless,
they figure they will lose some business by doing that.

Deleting one at a time is really time consuming. Especially, since you
can load them by pasting a list of names.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, each of us should send an email right now to Pool complaining and asking them to implement a "delete all" box

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reply to my email to Pool:

Hello Howard;

Currently we do not offer a 'bulk deletion' option unless you are using the API as a Domain Professional. If you are interested in becoming a Domain Pro with Pool.com, please send a request to [email protected]. In the mean time, if you provide me with an exact list in Excel I can delete them from your account for you within a few days.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Chantelle Skitmore

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i made a request for that weeks ago. it's a terrible system. huge pain. my method is anytime i'm adding names, i make sure i take a few moments to delete at least a couple of old ones.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hiOsilver
Reply to my email to Pool:
Currently we do not offer a 'bulk deletion' option unless you are using the API as a Domain Professional. If you are interested in becoming a Domain Pro with Pool.com, please send a request to..... blah blah blah
My interpertation? "We don't really care if it's inconvenient for you. Unless you want to pay us more money and help us get richer!"

I find the same attitude at Rackshack regarding domain support and a shopping cart for ordering domains.

Checkboxes and shopping carts are such a simple thing! Their top-notch programmers could have it up and running in less than a day.

I will join the "letter writing" ranks!

WebCat

ps- have you ever done a quick calculation of how much cash Pool takes in every day? I'd guess it's in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, then how about a little common sense on their part and delete all names that have passed that we didnt get.

duh!

-=DCG=-

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
Ok, then how about a little common sense on their part and delete all names that have passed that we didnt get.

duh!

-=DCG=-

I agree!

Maybe they hope we just leave them on until next year and automatically (and unsuspectingly) start picking up names through them when they expire?

Even Dotster manage to clear at least half of the expired names and I think they are doing even better now.

As Pool win a much higher proportion of names, they should as a minimum be able to easily delete names won by them, but it wouldn't be much harder to delete all names that have dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom