Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pool.com's computers down for 5 days - will they be back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If any of you use Pool.com's lists or newsletters, you may have noticed that nothing has been updated for the last 5 days.

I submitted a support ticket asking what's going on, and the response was that their main computer is offline and nobody can access or revive it.

The "front pages" of their website remains up, but most searches fail with an "unknown error", and it has been this way for a long time.

It's amazing to me that keeping your core business systems online isn't TOP priority, worthy of a 24/7 response, but apparently they feel differently.

It appears that another long-time industry player is going belly-up.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? Seems fine here.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? Seems fine here.

Yes, I'm sure -- it was from the Pool.com tech support desk.

They now have a download file (6 days late) but it doesn't contain all of the domains dropping, it's just a partial list.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm we had an internal problem with one of our servers, our tech team is aware of the issue and is working on fixing the problem. I don't believe we were out for 5 days and the issue was/is focused on the availabiliuty of the dropping domains lists. We should be back to normal shortly.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm we had an internal problem with one of our servers, our tech team is aware of the issue and is working on fixing the problem. I don't believe we were out for 5 days and the issue was/is focused on the availabiliuty of the dropping domains lists. We should be back to normal shortly.

The hotlist and keyword list emails have not been sent since 9/22/09.

The "full download list" was last compiled on 10/23/09 and partially updated 6 days later (today 10/29/09).

The online search still does not work -- and has not worked for 6 days.

Anyway... thank you for the update and I hope you guys can get things fixed and stay in business.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i didn't know people still use pool.com

surprised !

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The hotlist and keyword list emails have not been sent since 9/22/09.

The "full download list" was last compiled on 10/23/09 and partially updated 6 days later (today 10/29/09).

The online search still does not work -- and has not worked for 6 days.

Anyway... thank you for the update and I hope you guys can get things fixed and stay in business.

Today is the 31st.... and the Pool disaster continues. No complete files have been creates since 10/23/09 except for the partial file on 10/29.

I find it VERY hard to believe that someone has been working on this around the clock for EIGHT DAYS and nothing has been fixed. It takes less than a day to buy and install a whole new sever and restore all of the data to it.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Juniper, it turns out our mail server IPs were also blacklisted. We requested whitelisting and should be back to normal now. The problem appears to have mostly affected msn and hotmail destinations. If you still don't receive your alerts please contact me directly... [email protected]. Thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For a while, we thought Pool was drowning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom