Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Pool Domain Marketplace Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just FYI: I went by Pool and saw this. Something new tomorrow. Probably costly!

New Service Upload Notification
Pool.com will be temporarily offline to upload its new Domain Marketplace service.

Date: Thursday, May 13, 2004
Time: 2:30 AM – 4:00 AM EST

Ongoing auctions and bidding will be paused temporarily during this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Come back soon to use our new Domain Marketplace service!

Feel free to contact the Pool.com Customer Support Team at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thank you,
The Pool.com Team

Best Wishes,

Jon
radioz :huh:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol-

This could be very good for us too.

Actually, nevermind, pool is bidding on their own auctions (imo), so there won't be the huge bids like normal drops.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kinda sounds Afternic-esque. Maybe the economy and domain market has come back for that market model to do well again.

I've got xdfesx.com ----> on $7K it appraised for $20K :cheeky:

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just came across that now. Was gonna create a thread about it :)

Should be interesting to see what its all about. Might be nice to list some domains there with all those high bidders around :)

RMF

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This looks promising!!

But again, names still won't have anywhere near as much momentum as names that go through the normal drop cycle because when names drop every man & their dog knows what is dropping & when... listed names don't have the luxury of this.

DrDomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to transfer the domain into NameScout before listing!!! LOL....

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes Real Problem - All domains need to be transfered in to namescout.com as mentioned above - prior to being able to post on their marketplace. That will surely put a huge dent in the amount of domains they get listed for sale. Almost as bad as forcing you to park domains with them if you want to sell them on their site, as I have seen in the past at some brokered sites and boards. Steve

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We signed up for 2 domains to be listed on marketplace and payment was processed and everything but some error seems to have occured and none of them is listed on marketplace or on my account. One of them is already in process of being transferred to Namescout. They should tell user about the ETA for listing if it's not instant. I have no idea if it's general working or if there's some problem with our order.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In addition to the requirement that you move your domain to Namescout, listing fees range from $8-$20 per domain, so you pay whether or not you sell (unlike Afternic and Sedo). I think Pool could be a powerhouse in aftermarket sales, but not with the domain transfer requirement.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha... transfer the name? Sorry, but that's just stupid!

Although I do very much agree with the listing fee.... this will definately help keep out rubbish names which make the auctions a joke.

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True. Listing fee is a good choice...but what's up with their support...I'm not feeling too good about them atm.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI - Pool is very much in bed with Namescout. Not sure how deep the "partnership" runs, but I won a domain a month ago, never got any info on the registrar, looked it up and saw it was Esite.com. I went to esite.com, but they have no site. I called esite.com and they said Pool was running their registry. I called pool and pool said they have Namescout running it.

Who knows how many of the other "no site" and "one man" pool registrars are doing this.

To me, this really changes the appearance of pool as an independent 3rd party. It smells fishy, and makes it look like there could be a high concentration of power in very few hands.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
In addition to the requirement that you move your domain to Namescout.................... I think Pool could be a powerhouse in aftermarket sales, but not with the domain transfer requirement.

Also, remember. If you transfer it to NamesScout. You have to leave it there for
at least 60 days if it doesn't sell.

If you transfer it. Do you have to pay for a year's renewal?

I don't know if transferring out of NameScout is difficult. But, you have to calculate
that into your decision to list a name with Pool.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Richard - If you transfer it. Do you have to pay for a year's renewal? You bet at time of transfer to Namescout - Namescout is tough to work with for sales and transfers - You have to either call them or write them to have a name pushed if you sell a domain that you have there. Our Domains Department does not care to work on domains that end up there. Steve

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
transfer the names & listing fees for 7 days..sorry,but you'll will not see any of my names there ...quite disappointing...

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you think we'll see some of the names that we were beat out on by incremental bids appear here, i do and think they'll fetch 1/2 of what pool paid for them....but since they didnt pay for them i see this as a domain price lowering event... and i think i'll see names i bid on at pool come up here.

i'd be up for a chat about this new service amongst those that ever wanted to be in an informal trade association for domain name owners.

page howe

page howe

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sitehq said:
do you think we'll see some of the names that we were beat out on by incremental bids appear here, i do and think they'll fetch 1/2 of what pool paid for them....but since they didnt pay for them i see this as a domain price lowering event... and i think i'll see names i bid on at pool come up here.

Only 3 names are listed and it is already happening. One of the three is BlogHosting.com which had gone for big bucks in an auction there but wasn't paid for.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats insane. I couldn't wait to get my names out of namescout. There's no way I'm going back to them.

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still no reply from pool regarding our domain names.
Anybody else have any experience with support issues with pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom