Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Pool Domain Marketplace Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Namescout has caught me a lot of .info and .biz names in the past, and support is absolutely fine.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Namescout has caught me a lot of .info and .biz names in the past, and support is absolutely fine.

Same with me. The only complaints I have with them are the prices for renewal which are $25, and the fact that you have to file a support request to get auth keys. If prices were sub-$8, I wouldn't mind leaving them there.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get any of these for your namescout names?

Thank you for your Registration with Name King Inc. as a Customer. This mail will assist you in jump-starting your relationship with us. Please read through this mail, and store it for future reference, since it contains important information.

Customer Control Panel
The first thing you must explore is our unique Customer Control Panel. From this control panel you can Manage all your Orders, Place new Orders, check all your transactions and more.

Please Login to the Customer Control Panel using the details below

URL: http://nameking.myorderbox.com/customer?
Username: XXXXXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXXXX

Support
For any support with respect to your relationship with us you can always contact us directly using the following Information

Technical Support:
Email Address: [email protected]

Sales Contact:
Tel: +1.6267056996

Billing Contact:

Products
We currently sell a variety of Products and Services. Below is a list of all Products and Services you can directly buy from us by logging into your Customer Control Panel.

.BIZ Domain Name
.INFO Domain Name
.COM .NET Domain Name
.ORG Domain Name
.US Domain Name
.NAME Domain Name
Domain Forward Service
Mail Forward Service
Managed DNS

Sales@Name King Inc.
[email protected]

Recently rec. one for every name!? Just want to make sure it's legit.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WM - Yes we got several of those yesterday - Those domains are also in our NameScout C Panel at out main account? I think NameScout manages domains for other registrars as well. Many names caught at POOL end up in various accounts at NameScout (with different registrar names on the confirmations sent out) - We then Push them to our master account. Little bit of a trick to do but it is possible. Steve

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would it not be a sensible thing for Len Bayles , or a Pool representative to occasionally reply to queries and questions on some of the forums, perhaps he is too busy counting our money- oops sorry,his money!

M

mole

dotus said:
Would it not be a sensible thing for Len Bayles , or a Pool representative to occasionally reply to queries and questions on some of the forums, perhaps he is too busy counting our money- oops sorry,his money!

Why should they? You either take it, or you leave it. Bring on the WLS! :party:

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
WM - Yes we got several of those yesterday - Those domains are also in our NameScout C Panel at out main account? I think NameScout manages domains for other registrars as well. Many names caught at POOL end up in various accounts at NameScout (with different registrar names on the confirmations sent out) - We then Push them to our master account. Little bit of a trick to do but it is possible. Steve

Thanks Steve!

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bashar said:
what about if the domain is in its maximum allowable renewal years ? tehy will charge for 1 year and that year is lost or what?

if it was without moving in namescout it would be great.

I think the FAQ says they only add the year if it's less than 10. After that, they technically cannot due to ICANN limits. I guess you just don't get that benefit.

Does anyone really get 10 years reg on a domain they will be selling anyway? Seems like something that would not happen often.

Bashar

Kuwaiti UNIX Geek
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adoptabledomains said:
I think the FAQ says they only add the year if it's less than 10. After that, they technically cannot due to ICANN limits. I guess you just don't get that benefit.

Does anyone really get 10 years reg on a domain they will be selling anyway? Seems like something that would not happen often.

say you have a domain which has 10 years and requires transfer to namescout ? who will pay this transfer fee?

M

mole

Bashar said:
say you have a domain which has 10 years and requires transfer to namescout ? who will pay this transfer fee?

You, I guess. If Netsol can officially and publicly sell you 100 year registrations, anything is possible - so long as you pay :-D

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about all this is that I proposed this idea to (them) pool a long time ago (back when they were small, and responded to emails). They thanked me, and said it was a great idea, and that they would let me know. I told them I would set it up and run it for a small commission.

Never heard a word about it since then, and now here it is. What a bunch of greedy motherf***ers they are. My days at using pool are done. I hope they read this and I hope NOBODY uses them :(

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bashar said:

I'd guess the transfer fee is still included in the listing fee, but you just wouldn't get another year added to the reg date.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
You, I guess. If Netsol can officially and publicly sell you 100 year registrations, anything is possible - so long as you pay :-D
lol
I wonder how many 100 year reistrations they sold :-D

Ever hear of auto renew? :p

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, Pool marketplace stayed at 16 listings over the weekend, but has jumped to 843 now. They almost all apear as what they are calling dutch auctions, but I'd call reverse auctions. Either someone has made a deal to dump their portfolio, or Namescount/pool is dumping it's unclaimed catches. Most of the listings are pretty unspectacular.

I got confirmation that one I am trying is now in the process.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I looked at the list. Many of them dropped in the past couple days.

Those must be the ones they got stuck with. I saw two on the list that
was on my pool watchlist. But, I deleted them from my list earlier in the
day of the drop. I would speculate that they don't update their catch list
just before drop time. And, that is how they got stuck with 800 names in
a period of a couple days.

I guess they want to sell them instead of turning them back in within their 5 day
grace period.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about all this is that I proposed this idea to (them) pool a long time ago (back when they were small, and responded to emails). They thanked me, and said it was a great idea, and that they would let me know. I told them I would set it up and run it for a small commission.

Never heard a word about it since then, and now here it is. What a bunch of greedy motherf***ers they are. My days at using pool are done. I hope they read this and I hope NOBODY uses them :(

Please don't take offense to this but..

Get real, you think you had the only idea that Pool.com should start a marketplace to get their drop bidders bidding on reseller names?

I am sure Pool, you and many other people on DNF thought it would be a good idea.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those must be the ones they got stuck with. I saw two on the list that
was on my pool watchlist. But, I deleted them from my list earlier in the
day of the drop. I would speculate that they don't update their catch list
just before drop time. And, that is how they got stuck with 800 names in
a period of a couple days.

I guess they want to sell them instead of turning them back in within their 5 day
grace period.

Makes sense I suppose- if they can sell a few.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Copy any 50 domains listed in pool's marketplace and paste them in at deleteddomains.com; you will find that quite a few dropped today!

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wm. M. said:
Interesting. Copy any 50 domains listed in pool's marketplace and paste them in at deleteddomains.com; you will find that quite a few dropped today!

I wonder if they are playing the time game. Pick up drops, try to sell on 3 day auction, If not sold, return under the grace period mentioned by actnow.

Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom