Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pool .mobi auctions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is pool able to auction .mobi names they regged for themselves with an unfair advantage as a registrar? No one can believe that all of those names were Unpaid pre-regs. Pool really gives this industry a bad name.

david4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
really?? where did you find that? it 's awful if it was true.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an e-mail from pool telling me that they were auctioning off all of the un-paid pre-regged names...really sounds fishy.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you see the list ? I did and they're crappy domains.
I do believe they are from people who gave up on their domains.

And anyway, if they onpurpose registered domains without nobody pre-regged, and they're auctioning them, what's wrong with that ?
Enom does that, too, with regular drops.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The names were not drops and many of them did not seem crappy to some fetching high $XXXX.

I'm just curious how a registrar can get away with regging, with an unfair advantage, many good names for themselves and then auction them...Things in this business seem so unregulated its scary.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a huge list of availables in the first few days of regging. They started getting snapped up quick. On checking at time, 80% were getting taken by Pool. I'm guessing they only had to pay Icann 25 cents a shot, then sold on for a massive profit. Personally i would never give pool a penny.
If you think this is acceptable behaviour from a registrar & want to hand over stacks of cash to them an hour after they reg it, be my guest. I was never a fan of pool before, but this behaviour does not seem right.
As always, if you don't like something. vote with your feet. they hate that.
:fish:
Pred

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool seems to do whatever they can get away with, so I guess I can't blame them...but why does the industry accept this, why do we accept this.

I agree that I was not going to pay pool more than reg fee for the couple of names they regged for themselves that I wanted and never had a fair chance to reg. Personally I have only regged a few .mobi's I believe are worth developing and would not pay the $XXXX ransom.

akaning3

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
interesting it is. i agree with you. i had received the same list and chose 2 names. THEN they said "well, someone actually paid at the last minute for those names so you cant buy them". Why the heck would they even give us the list!? possibly trying to get a quote from us!? then put them up for auction and have them emails us? maybe they have some fake bidders bumping up the price.
:fencing:

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, Pool must be really bad. I've heard alot of not-so-good things about them on this forum.

D

Deleted member 10610

pool surely not as good as before,I actually bided for a .mobi and won,but haven't seen it in my action winning list,sent few emails to support and no response at all,I decide not to pay for it.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pool has terrible service - upon my first win, they didnt email me anything and I had to call them a number of times to figure out how there crappy service worked - they held my name and waited months saying they were waiting for my call, yet where does it say I have to call pool to get my name after I win it?; as much as I had winning names taken from me and said now there are other bidders whereby prices instantly started going up beyond my winning price; among other issues - they not only give domainers and the domain industry a bad name, they also give Canadians and business in general a bad name.

Bottom line - use pool at your own risk. You may get the name you want, but you will probably have to pay out the ying yang for it too.

PS: While I may not have had much satisfaction with their service and support, I do not speak for everyone, as I am sure some people find pool to be a good service for them - I am just not one of them.

Best Success in ALL Your Endeavours!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am a little suspect about pool (and noticed they regged a few .mobi names for themselves to auction I was interested in). I decided to just not deal with the pool auctions and move on. I got my few .mobi names I hand regged. I am just a little sour that Pool is allowed to do this...it is an unfair advantage.

Oh well. I have moved on as I have with many unregulated practices in this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom