Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

pool problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I backordered a domain with pool a couple of days ago.

I thought they never caught it because it just remained there in the 'backorders' category.

I checked whois today, to find it was caught by POOL! (Pool in Trust).

I sent them an email asking why I was never informed that it was won, and If I wasnt the only bidder, why didnt it go to auction and still no reply...

on other occasions, I was billed weeks later for large amounts because apprently the top bidder was a scammer, but now, I am the one who feels scammed yet again...

This is the first time this has happened.
Can anyone suggest what else I can do?

TIA

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Geia sou Seeker :-D

I have noticed similar inconsistencies with Pool lately; I finally removed myself from their hotlist emails.

The best advice I can give you is to use a low limit credit card only for online purchases.

M

mole

seeker said:
on other occasions, I was billed weeks later for large amounts because apprently the top bidder was a scammer

That is the most scary part of the Pool auction system. You can, in practice, be pulled through your nose for thousands of dollars by a shill bidder who invariably defaults on payment. And you have no choice but to pay for the last bid amount you made, or risk Pool cancelling your account.

Bring on WLS!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
mole, you are saying that if the highest bidder defaults, the 2nd highest automatically gets the domain and gets charged for it? I thought there was an elective process in place or am I mistaken?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool probably caught it for a client I would assume.

They are a sideways company if you ask me.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
timechange said:
mole, you are saying that if the highest bidder defaults, the 2nd highest automatically gets the domain and gets charged for it? I thought there was an elective process in place or am I mistaken?

That is correct.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
They are a sideways company if you ask me.

One of the shadiest... all about the $$

One of the truest of it's breed... "who cares about the customer? Just give us your damn wallet!"

"...and, what the hell are you doing hiding bread crumbs under your pillow! give us that too... and the pillow, idiot!"

:cheeky:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In that case, the 2nd highest bidder gets charged whatever their highest bid was. So assuming that they were not just goofing off, testing the bid limit, they will be billed fairly.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I had a backordered name that they won, but I was never on the auction. I emailed them and asked why, and I was added immediately to the auction (of course, they might make more money this way).

-Bob

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed them as well, and I got no reply...

That really is unfair.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well... Patience got me no where. They never answered my email except with an auto reply 'incident # yada yada yada'...

The domain was GAL.INFO

whois shows it is being transfered away to someone in Singapore!

It was under pool for days. How can you transfer a new domain!???
Isnt there a 3 month period anyway???

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very interesting, especially the pending transfer part.

Greekglish ON:
Tov kserw tov typo, agorasa eva domain apo autov. 8es va tou steilw eva email? :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So this applies:

Names registered in real-time can be transferred from one registrant to another registrant at any time.

In other words, Pool grabbed it and the registrant changes. But why does the status say "Pending Transfer", that's what I'd like to know.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've initiated the transfer for GAL.info shortly after I've received the login details from Encirca and that's how the "Pending Transfer" comes about.

Hope this clear your doubts.

timechange said:
So this applies:

Names registered in real-time can be transferred from one registrant to another registrant at any time.

In other words, Pool grabbed it and the registrant changes. But why does the status say "Pending Transfer", that's what I'd like to know.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ah yes, Flex :)

But since it's a fresh registration, isn't there a 60 day window during which no transfer to another registrar is allowed?

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've witnessed several times whereby .info transfers are possible within the 60 days period and I've tried it before with success.

timechange said:
Ah yes, Flex :)

But since it's a fresh registration, isn't there a 60 day window during which no transfer to another registrar is allowed?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very nice to know. Had similar experience with .com/.net ?

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom