Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

portfolio escrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ordersomething

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if escrow.com is good for a portfolio of domain names?
Thanks in advance.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure why not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will definitely check it out on my next transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just a note: a portfolio of domains is best suited to be sold along with a holding company. This way you maximize profit by lowering taxes. Consult with a CPA.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have a transaction involving a valuable portfolio Escrow is definitely recommended. If there are alot of domains involved this may make the process more tedious, and they will have to confirm each transfer or domain push. The only thing Escrow safeguard against is stolen domains though.

edit: The only thing Escrow safeguard doesn't against is stolen domains.

oops: The only thing Escrow doesn't safeguard against is stolen domains.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would also like to know the answer to that question as I have a portfolio of 350+ .me domain names (PM for a list).

Any value added would be great, of course, but how exactly is that accomplished?

If the domain names are not held at Moniker you would probably have to push them to Moniker to use their escrow service...I would assume.

If you have a transaction involving a valuable portfolio Escrow is definitely recommended. If there are alot of domains involved this may make the process more tedious, and they will have to confirm each transfer or domain push. The only thing Escrow safeguard against is stolen domains though.

edit: The only thing Escrow safeguard doesn't against is stolen domains.

oops: The only thing Escrow doesn't safeguard against is stolen domains.

There is really no way to safeguard against this.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One way to help eliminate the threat of stolen domains is to use domaintools or another tool, and maybe confirm with them that the current owner has the name (ie he purchased it from the last owner)... altho if they pass it along through a few people it won't help with that. Also if domaintools shows owner changes (not just simple edit changes) frequently, might be an indication ;)

Oops.. "them" being the last owner.

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com, by all means. Their fees are based on amount, and are minuscule.

Doesn't matter if it's one domain or a portfolio, you just have to input the names one by one.

You don't transfer until buyer's money is deposited, buyer inspects that the whois record is changed, you get your money. No comeback, no chargeback. Done deal.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing Escrow doesn't safeguard against is stolen domains.

That's not the only thing. Since Escrow.com only handles transfer of the payment, they cannot enforce delivery of the domain name.

As noted, if the domain names are at Moniker, or pushed to Moniker, then Moniker can handle transfer of the payment and delivery of the domain name.

I do not believe Escrow.com handles portfolios or time-structured transactions (e.g. installment payments over time). As a work-around, one could consider the transaction as a collection of single transactions and do them one at a time through Escrow.com.

I think the largest portfolio I've held for escrow was something on the order of 20,000 domain names which were at three different registrars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom