Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Portfolio Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've come across Domain Punch which is a portfolio management system that keeps track of your expiration dates and a couple of other features. Using the domain management system at the registrar and Excel is good enough for this type of thing.

Is there anything out there that has the capability to show what you paid for a domain name, the money it made from revenue and the source, what the domain sold for (if flipping) and show whether it's in the positive or negative along with the rest of your portfolio? Would I have to use Access for this type of management and outsource it to be made?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can keep all that in my head

:)

it's something i've cataloged from the beginning

cuz if you don't know what you paid for a domain, what it earned, appreciation value, etc. how can you accurately assess?

imo....

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's true, but can you tell me how much V*0z.c0m made on its best month of parking or perhaps its worst? Is it negative or positive ROI so far? Compared to your portfolio, does it drag the bunch down with reg fees and one that you would want to drop? (Hypothetical questions, no need to answer directly)

By looking at a list of 100s of domains, it's easy to classify the keepers from the drops because overtime you've learned the value, but to see actual figures to not make a mistake (say it did only make a quarter over reg fee, it's still a quarter profit and worth keeping for another year just in case) is much better IMO.

Plus, it's for tax purposes. I just got my LLC approved today and should probably start accounting correctly.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is she also a certified CPA and are her rates comparative to her call in rates of 3.99 a minute? If so, she's hired! :approve:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's true, but can you tell me how much V*0z.c0m made on its best month of parking or perhaps its worst? Is it negative or positive ROI so far? Compared to your portfolio, does it drag the bunch down with reg fees and one that you would want to drop? (Hypothetical questions, no need to answer directly)

By looking at a list of 100s of domains, it's easy to classify the keepers from the drops because overtime you've learned the value, but to see actual figures to not make a mistake (say it did only make a quarter over reg fee, it's still a quarter profit and worth keeping for another year just in case) is much better IMO.

Plus, it's for tax purposes. I just got my LLC approved today and should probably start accounting correctly.

here's how i do

if i list and park all my domains at sedo initially, years later i can just view stats from beginning to date.

since they show "date added", i'll know over what time period to calculate loss or profit

when names are moved to and from various ppc services, those stats can be tracked and added to the mix as well.

as for "carrying" names that may or may not hold their own, it's imperative to view wider time spans, to accurately guage whether a domain is profitable or not.

then too, there are names that don't earn anything, but they get offers.

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's a good method of tracking, except for the fact I want the whole piece of pie without a middle man dipping his sticky hand in the pot, so I develop for organic plus type in traffic. CTR may vary for type in as there's no content they're looking for, but the organic makes up for it. I could spend more time and make individual AdSense channels, but that requires more time than just slapping in a pubid. I'll need to do that eventually though for accurate stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom