Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Portfolio Optimization Advise Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptaylor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have always parked my ccTLD portfolio with Namedrive and have not gone through the exercise of testing other parking companies. I would appreciate any advice on the best strategies for testing/optimizing a portfolio among multiple parking companies.

For example, is it best to start with underperforming names or is it best to test the entire portfolio? How many landings should I allow per domain to get statistically significant data to make a decision? I am planning to try Sedo Pro but what other companies other than Namedrive and Sedo are good w/ ccTLD domains?

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they have traffic you can not go wrong with Parked.com

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always parked my ccTLD portfolio with Namedrive and have not gone through the exercise of testing other parking companies. I would appreciate any advice on the best strategies for testing/optimizing a portfolio among multiple parking companies.

For example, is it best to start with underperforming names or is it best to test the entire portfolio? How many landings should I allow per domain to get statistically significant data to make a decision? I am planning to try Sedo Pro but what other companies other than Namedrive and Sedo are good w/ ccTLD domains?

I think it is important to test your domains at a variety of parking programs as no provider will perform best for all of your domains. You will find that some do better with Parking company A, some names will perform better with Parking company B, and so on.

What I would advise, is to first run your portfolio at one provider for at least a month, this gives you a good base in which you can compare stats to. Then pick at least 5 different providers (a mix of both Yahoo and Google) and test all domains for a minimum 2 weeks.

After testing across the different providers, compare stats on a domain by domain basis. Then move domains to the provider that performed best for each.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'll give you some simple advice how to go about this. Change your nameservers to
1. Parking Company 1
2. Parking Company 2
3. Parking Company 3
etc.

I did it, and it actualy works. Saves lots of time and effort, then since you are parking simultaneously, can easily compare.

DDC_Cyn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it is important to test your domains at a variety of parking programs as no provider will perform best for all of your domains. You will find that some do better with Parking company A, some names will perform better with Parking company B, and so on.

What I would advise, is to first run your portfolio at one provider for at least a month, this gives you a good base in which you can compare stats to. Then pick at least 5 different providers (a mix of both Yahoo and Google) and test all domains for a minimum 2 weeks.

After testing across the different providers, compare stats on a domain by domain basis. Then move domains to the provider that performed best for each.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Great advice Fabulous Mike, and I agree.

Different domains do better with different companies for a number of reasons. Just the Yahoo (what we use at DDC) and Google feed choice can make all the difference in the world.

Also, as Mike mentioned, it's important that you run the test for at least a couple of weeks. We've become such a microwave society, we see people all the time who expect an instant turn-around. If you have good quality, type-in domains, it may take a little tweaking to get the best return on your investment.

Happy to take a look at your portfolio if you'd like to include us in your tests.

Cyn

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

Mike and fab (no pun intended) both have given useful advice

i happened to try 'fab's' advice by accident and it does work, and i left that particular domain's settings the same, splitting the traffic between domainsponsor and Sedo.

try all or at least the most popular ppc's first, those with reliable and timely payments.

also, look at "domains for sale" with stats posted.

here you can find valuable info, if you can read between the lines.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom