Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Post & Discuss Examples of MISINFO in Domaining!

Reaction score
Cite examples of misinformation and other lies being spread within our industry.

I'm personally banned from many places for standing up against propaganda. I look at things objectively. Some facts (especially in regards to Google) are not specifically laid out. Instead, when evaluating things, the evidence is EMPIRICAL. That means we use 'real data' to prove a fact. Just like a math problem!

This thread is not to focus on SERPS/ALGO, it just happens to be the topic of my first example. I will argue, however, it's exactly GOOGLE who will influence the value of 'certain kinds' of TLDs going forward. So yea, you are tied to the hip, to play along with Google, if you want to be a successful domainer. The past is evidence enough. Look at what they did to old .com EMD long-tails and the like.

That said, there are plenty of other lies being published, which we should point out too. Don't let our industry publish bad information while suppressing those that speak against it! That's called PROPAGANDA - communism, maybe.

This thread is not about vendettas. It's about showing the TRUTH. I could fill 10 pages If I were to dig in the past. Instead, let's try bringing current and relevant 'news' to the table...

All the above was inspired by this post: https://domaingang.com/domain-news/the-lincoln-project-is-doing-just-great-on-a-dot-us-domain-name/

The author wrote (100% TRUE), "Google does not rank .com higher than other TLDs, as its ranking algorithm is TLD-agnostic."

That is false. Now, let me have an opinion too. He is BIASED toward .com. He made this (false statement), in biased SUPPORT of.com - protectionism.

Now then the best proof you will get, as Google does not comment on these matters: a whole expert community of highly regarded SEOS: https://moz.com/learn/seo/cctlds

They do not agree.

Ask yourself, when the evidence and voices are gathered, who is it that is TALKING out of their butt? MOZ, or the 'domainer'? Since Google doesn't tell us, does that give him the right to post CONJECTURE (at best)? Acting IGNORANT to spread your own 'conjecture' is not an excuse to 'play coy' regarding otherwise widely accepted FACT.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This statement:

"The author wrote (100% TRUE), "Google does not rank .com higher than other TLDs, as its ranking algorithm is TLD-agnostic. "

Is false because ccTLDs are ranked higher in their respective local searches. So their algorithm is clearly not TLD agnostic, and since .US is a ccTLD it will be preferentiated in US based searches. But when we talk about gTLDs one TLD does not receive a boost over the other.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've been member here since 2002 and have read plenty of misinformation, some of intentional and some not...
some of it simply because many repeat what they hear or read, without verifying themselves

I'm personally banned from many places for standing up against propaganda

so, since you're letting us know that you're outspoken on issues, which have caused the platforms where you expressed such,
that they decided to ban you for taking your stance and or how you presented it..... I assume

I look at things objectively.
if, you look at things objectively, then can you elaborate on why you got banned "from many places"?
as there must have been some conflict, in that environment, which caused them to take action.

when you came here and looked around, did you look at the opportunities available, objectively?
how did you react, when you weren't satisfied, with the structure?

did you post positive suggestions or negative criticisms?
in your search for gtld auctions, did you have ulterior motive based on planned "ntld auction site"?
if so, was that then, an objective viewpoint?

I will argue, however, it's exactly GOOGLE who will influence the value of 'certain kinds' of TLDs going forward. So yea, you are tied to the hip, to play along with Google, if you want to be a successful domainer.

again, been domaining since 2002 and am not "tied to the hip" with google, so that statement, is not true.
Yahoo was king of the serp game, when many domainers were pocketing tons of $, pre-2009. till Bush crashed economy.
large portions of those revenues were used to purchased the premium domains and even create new dn biz's is use and being sought after, today.

That said, there are plenty of other lies being published, which we should point out too. Don't let our industry publish bad information while suppressing those that speak against it! That's called PROPAGANDA - communism, maybe.

anybody can spread propaganda, and it doesn't have to be a lie.
it depends on motive and intent, or could be someone who is misinformed.

also, if you have skills, maybe create your own platform like Theo did, then nobody can suppress what you have to say, in opposition.

however, views express here are subject to contrasting opinions and therefore one should expect it, should it be worthy of commenting.

that said:
I sincerely hope whatever you do, that this "won''t be" another place where you get banned from.

imo...

Reaction score
Biggie, I feel you are derailing this thread.

You choose to pick out any context possible (there ALWAYS will be something you can pick out and twist). Next, you use said tangent as a springboard to make things PERSONAL.

You fail to consider the WHOLE context of my posts. Instead, you go around nit-picking what suits you, so you may form some kind of head-butting match.

Again, I reiterate. You choose to get personal on a thread that obviously is meant to be serious. Anything describing myself was just pretext for a reason that I POST HERE INSTEAD. You see, from everyone else perspective, by saying what I did, I AM DOING THIS FORUM JUSTICE! That's the impression I give by saying that, FYI. But your perception is muddy.

I'd like to check this THEO guy out. You said he left here to create something 'else' (better I can only assume)? I want to see if we take issue with common problems.

Would you care to finish up and let me know the specifics of the alternative? You left me cliff-hanging here!

Reaction score
Further, I like to p
Hi
I've been member here since 2002 and have read plenty of misinformation, some of intentional and some not...
some of it simply because many repeat what they hear or read, without verifying themselves

so, since you're letting us know that you're outspoken on issues, which have caused the platforms where you expressed such,
that they decided to ban you for taking your stance and or how you presented it..... I assume

if, you look at things objectively, then can you elaborate on why you got banned "from many places"?
as there must have been some conflict, in that environment, which caused them to take action.

when you came here and looked around, did you look at the opportunities available, objectively?

in your search for gtld auctions, did you have ulterior motive based on planned "ntld auction site"?

again, been domaining since 2002 and am not "tied to the hip" with google, so that statement, is not true.
Yahoo was king of the serp game, when many domainers were pocketing tons of $, pre-2009. till Bush crashed economy.
large portions of those revenues were used to purchased the premium domains and even create new dn biz's is use and being sought after, today.

anybody can spread propaganda, and it doesn't have to be a lie.
it depends on motive and intent, or could be someone who is misinformed.

also, if you have skills, maybe create your own platform like Theo did, then nobody can suppress what you have to say, in opposition.

however, views express here are subject to contrasting opinions and therefore one should expect it, should it be worthy of commenting.

that said:
I sincerely hope whatever you do, that this "won''t be" another place where you get banned from.

imo...
Further Biggie, let me point out: You dissect my post in order to avoid the context of the whole thing. I am turned off by the method. People are smart enough to read what I say, then read what you say. That could be a clearly written post which flows and presents your point of view in whole. Imagine, so that humans can actually enjoy the literary aspects of it, rather than some 'poking around' without fluidity.

Instead of nit-picking to 'coax' away from the entire context, you post the way as you do, piecemealing it. It's really annoying to read, IMO. Perhaps others would agree? Just come out with it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to check this THEO guy out. You said he left here to create something 'else'
Hi
if, you go back and re-read what I posted, then what you said above is not true
as you took something out of context and misstated what was actually said.

and if you can do it, then others can too... which makes them human

but here's the thing, you started this thread to criticize a blog and from your replies, seems you don't even know who's blog it is.

I am turned off by the method.
the method I use, if there was one, was not done to please you, but to highlight statements made by you.

not going to just swallow what you post, blindly, and concur with or express sympathy or empathy to your plight
without due diligence.

It's really annoying to read,
and probably some things you posted on those places where you got banned from, was annoying to read as well.

so, if you want to be objective, then you gotta see both sides of that coin, despite how you want to flip or spin it.

iimo...

Reaction score
Back to the topic.

domaingang.com at it again. Unsurprisingly, it's marked 100% true. He can't even write 2 paragraphs without telling a lie.

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...trar-and-godaddy-conspire-on-domain-auctions/

Thread TITLE:
Crazy claim that #Uniregistrar and #GoDaddy conspire on domain auctions

This is a gross misrepresentation of what the complainant actually said!

The claimant, (accusing GoDaddy) never used the word 'conspiracy'. The author took it upon himself to attach that implied derogatory misnomer to 'smear' the claim.

Further, Since GoDaddy + Uni are one as the same (as pointed out in his image), this would exclude from it being a conspiracy at all!

You are being social manipulated! It's called lying. It's everywhere in this industry. Quit EMBELSHING the TRUTH.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

to me, it's obvious that the claimant, is claiming that they have proof,
that gd and uni conspired, to enact the alleged manipulation of the backordering process.

and, they would have to be found guilty of conspiring,
in order for the claimant to win any suit brought forth.

therefore...… one can use the word "conspire", as a generalization of his argument against those defendants, should it go to court

imo...

Reaction score
Hi

to me, it's obvious that the claimant, is claiming that they have proof,
that gd and uni conspired, to enact the alleged manipulation of the backordering process.

and, they would have to be found guilty of conspiring,
in order for the claimant to win any suit brought forth.

therefore...… one can use the word "conspire", as a generalization of his argument against those defendants, should it go to court

imo...
You'd have to assume it happened before GD acquired UNI then...domaingang give the impression of the contrary, judging by the image of Godaddy+UNI he posted.

I don't really have anything against godaddy. I wouldn't use them, but whatever. I don't like Frank though.

I see how GD could get tied up in a mess with some (warning: hypothetical proposal:) 'rogue' brokers they may have took on. Sabotage, if you will.

Reaction score
Yea...He liked to cry wolf, 'conspire'. Perhaps this is a DEEP scam. Maybe IT IS a conspiracy. Just more than meets the eye.

Maybe this 'fraud by godaddy' DID happen. But the zinger, this 'complaint' maybe an ACCOMPLICE. Those 'rouge uni brokers' (hypothetical people! Follow along..), they're inside collecting the evidence, heck..they'd be the rouge' ones to create the problem in the first place!

Then they sue using that 'customer' who has all that 'evidence' (since they'd feed it to him). Then, if UNI win...share $ behind the back.

NOW THAT'S a conspiracy theory!

Reaction score
What you need to consider here, are the exact words this claim is made by. I'm going with this link: https://www.godaddy.com/community/D...ivision-to-front-run-domains-then/td-p/162287

The claim is deceptive, and that's putting it leniently.

He tells us blatantly, "I now have proof that GoDaddy uses its Uniregistrar division to register and buy domains that customers have backordered..."

As I argued above, this is a RECENT development, since the merge: His own words suggest such, by saying now and explicitly calling out the "partnered" division. He has 0 evidence of this happening in the (relative) distant past...Yes, this is NEW. Just happened! BUT hang on, because below, I'll show you, he makes you *THINK* there are distant past cases - with his choice use of an (apparent) lie...

"restitution for the domains fraudulently stolen, the domain name stolen"...

There he contradicts himself. It CANT be both. See, he suggests there are 'domains' : an attempt to nudge you into perceiving this has been going on for some time! And he isn't talking about 'other peoples' domains...because, he explicitly included them THIRDLY in that same sentence. You can't be naive. I suggest he knows what he's doing : implying that this has been a problem for some time...No. It's new. His own words paint us that conclusion.

He doesn't claim to know ANYONE else accusing - yet! Though he is entertaining a judgment for them too. So...maybe nothing, maybe just some fluff... More likely though, if my 'conspiracy theory' is true, there may be other such claims coming up real fast.

If it is a conspiracy, the next step is for this to happen to more people. These kinds of people CANT HELP telling you what happens next because they like to sound smart when 'stuff' really does happen...

I feel he has REAL evidence. I question his integrity. I question the integrity of domaingang.com as well.

I reiterate, domaingang called named it a 'conspire'. The poster never wrote 'conspire'. domaingang.com conjured that up. I proved, the claim is not based on a conspiracy. It's based on fraud - his own words. domaingang.com misleading reporting. I'll take that as a clue.

linamadi

Reaction score

algeriahome all these factors play a role

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom