Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Post Thanksgiving revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudPapa

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since Thanksgiving, revenue is down 50-70% (when compared to to the first three weeks in November) . . . more troubling, revenue is down 20-40% when compared to October (pre-"new revenue model" experiment). Anyone else experiencing similar results?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I witnessed the opposite since the change to the new ajax platform but right now the changes to the back end confuse me with regards to reading the daily totals. Where is that option???

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I am concerned about "price fixing"

I noticed one day, my top three were paying 48 cents each.
The next three were paying 24 cents each.

Very troubling to see this (on more than one occasion) and makes me wonder if Sedo is actually setting caps on the payout, regardless of the advertiser.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've had multi-dollar clicks and $1.xx clicks with specific keywords after the new ajax platform was introduced. The problem is, I sold that domain in the meantime :D

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bodis has been outperforming Sedo for me.

I am moving more domains there.

I have since seen traffic that did not exist on Sedo. In addition the occasional $4.xx, $6.xx, and 7.xx clicks help.

ProudPapa

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The lack of transparency at Sedo (and elsewhere) is frustrating. So, Acro, no post-Thanksgiving revenue landslide (when compared with the first three weeks in November)?? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why and how there has been such a huge drop-off . . .

Doc Com, does Bodis use a Google feed? Does Bodis have a bonus structure or pro-domainer special payout rate?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
ProudPapa - I can't compare much right now for two reasons: the new (as of 1-2 days ago) back-end system lacks some reports (or I can't find them) and also, I sold one of my best performing domains in the meantime. Overall, I don't see a dramatic drop; of course, come end of December I will know for sure.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc Com, does Bodis use a Google feed? Does Bodis have a bonus structure or pro-domainer special payout rate?
Contact Matt (Shytkicker) for the specifics. If there is a bonus or referral program, I should be first in line as long as I have been with them along with all the accolades.

I know they use a variety of feeds. Unquestionably, the best place to park non-dot com TLD's, ccTLD's, and IDN's. However, the reporting, source of traffic, and overall stats are totally lacking.

As for Sedo, all the changes to their front-end and back-end (as acro pointed out) is very problematic. I see no benefit from a client stand point to what they are doing and, as I mentioned in another thread, I can not understand why they bury features deep within links and pages making it virtually impossible to find anything.

ProudPapa

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great. Thanks Doc Com and Acro. I appreciate the info.

I'll contact Matt and test names at Bodis.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can not understand why they bury features deep within links and pages making it virtually impossible to find anything.

I can not understand why they closed my account without any reason or notice few months ago. I didn't even used their parking service so they could "disqualify" me or something like that. I just listed 30-40 domains and didn't logged for a month or two. Once I wanted to login and update everything with new ones, remove old ones, I realized I don't have my account anymore.

Now I have to re-register, verify the account, and what not... Not cool...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not understand why they closed my account without any reason or notice few months ago. I didn't even used their parking service so they could "disqualify" me or something like that. I just listed 30-40 domains and didn't logged for a month or two. Once I wanted to login and update everything with new ones, remove old ones, I realized I don't have my account anymore.

Now I have to re-register, verify the account, and what not... Not cool...
I would definitely contact Matt (shytkicker). I know they closed numerous accounts a while back for several reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom