Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Posts are Hard to keep track of

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodws

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now I know we can subscribe to a thread and so. but there are times when we just want to check if there are any replies to a post we made.

I dont want to compare but, in namepros there is this neat "My Posts" link that uses the search engine to get a thread list, and shows where you have posted.

Ive seen a link for "new posts" and "todays posts", these offer no help.
also on my profile there is a link to search all posts by me, but shows as posts not threaded
there is an error on the syntax, should be showposts=0

so If you could add this link to the header things will run much smoothly
Code:
http:// www.dnforum.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=[the ID]&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=0

Upvote 0

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the profile it gives two options.

View posts created by
View threads created by

Just choose the view threads option

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, you can also click on your user name in this post to view all your thread or posts.

Also, if a thread is important, you can subscribe to it with instant / daily / no email notifications.

nodws

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats just what I said. (you didnt read the post!)

On the profile it gives two options.

View posts created by
View threads created by
Yes and Both are inefficient for this particular case. the first Option creates a list of posts by you. (not threads where you have posted)
the second option creates a list of threads started by you. (not threads where you have posted)
if a thread is important, you can subscribe to it
yes I know, but this is only for IMPORTANT threads, and requires you to subscribe one at a time and manage your subscriptions.

so my solution is simple: A link to: search.php?do=finduser&userid=[the ID]&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=0
where [the ID] is the current user ID, this will translate in to double page views and more traffic, so its not something that will only benefit one user (because I Already have a bookmark with the link)
Its more about helping fellow Domainers find their posts and replies to their posts in a more efficient way. just try it, you wont live without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom