Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PPC fluctuation with seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

sattv2000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the fluctuation in PPC is percentage wise during summer vs. winter/fall? I know summer months are lower (why?) - but what are the summer months(June -?)? And what is the peak of PPC as far as seasonally? This is something that always sat in the back of my mind, I just never asked...

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The summer months are lower because everyone is outside and on holiday rather than in winter when its too cold outside and so they use their computers more often.

polish_aristocrat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have mostly adult domains, they are parked at Trafficclub and the visitors are lower nowadays than just a few months ago :(

4 random generic domains, March / May / July (all of these months have 31 days)

domain a: 1,655 / 1,399 / 1,077
domain b: 2,346 / 1,882 / 1,567
domain c: 11,098 / 9,240 / 8,158
domain d: 10,662 / 10,564 / 10,214

the visitors are dramatically lower and yes, again, Im not an idiot, we are talking about generic adult typeins

I wonder if this is this summer slowdown, or rather a general trend of less users using direct navigation... (for example because of the changes in IE 7 etc )

if the second is true, then I guess it's time to jump from a bridge :disappointed:

EDIT: anyone here having adult domains on trafficclub can share if he noticed similar trend? or maybe TC did some changes in how they count "Visitors".. i've been using skenzo feed all the time

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just remember summer in the Northern Hemisphere is the opposite to summer in the Southern Hemisphere, so when the parking companies say 'oh it is the seasonal down turn' remember they are not lying, just not telling the whole truth!

Parking revenue is generally down and going down because the large parking companies have maintained their earnings from a decreasing payout from AdSense, etc., and therefore the domainers share has had to fall to compensate for this.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I see no fluctuation in visits or clicks, other than the usual drop during the weekends. It seems that a lot of people surf while they are at work :D However, the drop in PPC is remarkable and can be explained by the inability of account managers to ensure more advertising.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can call mysel a seasoned PPC affiliate and I observed these:

1. Whenever the CTR increases the EPC decreases. I have not found the answer for this behaviour but I only have a clue that PPC companies use a de-levitator. So I think there is a hidden agreement or certain budget to limit money paid for a certain domain regardless of it's traffic.

2. I suspect that PPC companies are just arranging EPC for always getting certain minimum meat by biting our percentages. So they always win.

TurNIC

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too have some trends I have noticed from parking compaines...one day you get 20 clicks from a domain, it pays .50/click..the next day 35 clicks, and you get .27/click or something to that effect, now of course they are clicking various ads, keyword bids change from day to day, etc. etc. but there is definitely some behind the scenes action going on when you really examine the numbers and track trends, some names that are typos of a certain site may only get clicks on the exact ad and one day it pays $1/click and the next day .25/click although the advertiser keyword bid never changed, so explain that for me, lol...it happens everywhere..but the place I have seen it happen the absolute least (almost non existent..maybe not at all) is with parked.com..when you add more traffic and names your revenue generally goes up and stays up...with TC and some other companies I would add domains and across the board some click values would drop slowly and they (the new ones) would get "absorbed" into the overall numbers that seemed to change around based on new traffic & additional clicks...so it was almost like you did'nt add anything! I confirmed this recently after moving some strong names away and the daily rev stayed basically the same! lmao!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can call mysel a seasoned PPC affiliate and I observed these:

1. Whenever the CTR increases the EPC decreases. I have not found the answer for this behaviour but I only have a clue that PPC companies use a de-levitator. So I think there is a hidden agreement or certain budget to limit money paid for a certain domain regardless of it's traffic.

2. I suspect that PPC companies are just arranging EPC for always getting certain minimum meat by biting our percentages. So they always win.

TurNIC

Can we make this a sticky? When I was talking about how the domain parking industry needs regulation I was told I'm being paranoid.

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used TC and on there good feed when that still had it. I would see 200%-500% CTR on low traffic names. But often in very high CPC categories. THEY NEVER CREDIT ME. When I asked they said they were told the traffic was not good. Which is an absolute joke, it was pure type in traffic. For example I have a few car insurance names that get low traffic. But car insurance CPC is about $30 a click. I had several hundred clicks over a year I did not get paid for any of them!

You tell me somethings not fishy there. I think most of these companies have something up their sleeve. Or Google is filtering out any click that don't come from Google.com

As far as seasonal differences it is a known fact that there is a summer slowdown every years in all direct sales and mail order, this will be reflected to us becuase advertisers lower or stop bidding during the period. I have sent traffic to affilate programs for years and it always slows down in the summer. Which is why the Adult companies have summer bonus days to try to get people to send more traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom