Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ppc income read on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam5605

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is PPC income from parked names considerbally lower than say in 2008?

Is it common for parked names to drop 50% of their income after some time?

How many year/s/months earnings are parked names going for at the moment?

And if the names are not generic i.e cars.com e.t.c but they are making money from ppc would it be relatively easy to sell on in years to come say 2 years for example?

im looking for domains that generate atleast $200 for each individual domain, how easy would it be to find these types of names i.e 1 domain that makes $200.

appreciate your help

Last edited:

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Investing in PPC names (by paying premium) for future profit is a moot strategy. Buy names with a viable business model. And then, look for end users.

Or, pay the price......

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Past performance of parked domains is no guarantee of future revenues. The most steady earners over a long period of time will be priced extremely high in relation to months/years of revenue, or most likely never be placed for sale.

I am always skeptical of "revenue" domains for sale at cheap prices. It is too easy to manipulate the numbers in the short term to flip it onto some unsuspecting buyer. Source of traffic is the biggest determining factor in whether revenue stays steady. Type-in domains can retain uniques over time, while a linked or indexed name is at the mercy of other sites and search engines - it can dry up overnight.

Although I still buy my fair share of junk names and find a keeper here and there on revenue, I try to maintain a "value investing" model to domains (within my price point). Buy names that you feel have inherent value in the quality of name and assume that traffic and revenue could end up being zero.

If the domain has name value, is suitable for a development project, and you would be fine with holding the domain for 5 years or more without feeling bad about it, then you have a good name. Traffic and revenue are great for earning enough to pay reg fees on your portfolio while you find a buyer or figure out what to do with the name.

If you truly want to develop a parked for profit model, it can be done, but it's tough. You are going to have to turn a lot of names to build a profitable portfolio and spend a lot of time and money before you turn a profit. In the meantime, economics and technology could render the strategy useless in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom