Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PPC vs. Affiliate Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockshark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, I a few sites that I have set up for PPC and am earning some money, but don't know if PPC is the best use of the domains to maximize potential revenues. At this point I have absolutely zero experience with affiliate programs, and really don't even know that much about them. So I am wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who has experience with both, and what your opinions are on the following:

1. Is affiliate programs as easy to get going as PPC? In other words, do you just find an affiliate program and they throw the ads on for you?

2. Is affliate the same as PPC where you basically just park them and you don't have to do much?

3. How did you decide what affiliates work with which types of domains? And I guess most importantly if I want to take a stab at an affiliate program how do I get started?

Basically I am looking for your experiences both good and bad on affiliate vs PPC. I've seen a few posts here on the boards that some people seemed to make more money with affiliates over PPC so I would like to learn more. Thanks for your feedback!

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on the affiliate program. In most cases, you'll have to have an up-and-running site, which they'll have to approve. But there are some, that will provide you with a website template which you can just upload to your server, though it's no subsitute for a fully developed site with original and targeted content.

Adult and gambling affiliate programs had been quite profitable in the past, especially some that also paid on a CPA basis, but I don't know about now...

It'll take a lot more effort these days to successfully incorporate an affiliate program - you can't just slap up a few banners and expect clicks & conversions...

scottle

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"It depends on the affiliate program. In most cases, you'll have to have an up-and-running site, which they'll have to approve. But there are some, that will provide you with a website template which you can just upload to your server, though it's no subsitute for a fully developed site with original and targeted content."

I think RazorNF is right on. I have not had the success with affilates like I had hoped & I have very targeted sites. Keeping the content current, time managing the site or sites has not been profitable. I find more income with the PPC program. In fact, I question why an affiliate should give merchants "leads" at no charge when many of them are willing to pay $$$ for PPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom