Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

PPCIncome review SmartName & ParkingDots

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have posted in this forum, but I just wanted to let everyone know that PPCIncome.com has posted reports of our results with SmartName and ParkingDots.

It was great seeing many of you at DomainRoundtable, and I will also be at TRAFFIC next week in Las Vegas.

Howard Hoffman

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great article Howard...double check the page title for the SmartName review though :)

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi :) I like you PPCincome site, very informative. Question though: Say I have 100 names for sale. What would be the difference in earnings between having them all parked at Sedo/Afternic (in those For Sale pages) versus straight up parking with DomainSponsor/Fabulous ? In the end, I'd like to sell the names, but it looks like you can make alot of monthly income by directly working through DS or Fab, bypassing Sedo/Afternic....Thanks :)

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Howard,

$120 RPM for the test portfolio is great.

What kind of domains do you have in the test portfolio e.g. typos, TMs, Generic one word, generic two words, generic three words, high traffic, low traffic, high paid categories, low paid categories, % of each category, etc etc?

I am asking all those questions to find out if it will make sense for me to move to smartname? My portfolio is earning way more than $120 PRM at another provider but I consider my portfolio to be high bid, high quality, ~100% direct type-ins, mostly generic, some brandables (15%), low traffic domains but enough daily total visitors to qualify for all ppc companies except google direct.

So I need to understand if its possible to earn lets say $400 RPM for a portfolio like mine.

You can post here, PM or email me with details.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Nice site and nice work!!!

Regards.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rickkumar said:
Hello Howard,

$120 RPM for the test portfolio is great.

What kind of domains do you have in the test portfolio e.g. typos, TMs, Generic one word, generic two words, generic three words, high traffic, low traffic, high paid categories, low paid categories, % of each category, etc etc?

I am asking all those questions to find out if it will make sense for me to move to smartname? My portfolio is earning way more than $120 PRM at another provider but I consider my portfolio to be high bid, high quality, ~100% direct type-ins, mostly generic, some brandables (15%), low traffic domains but enough daily total visitors to qualify for all ppc companies except google direct.

So I need to understand if its possible to earn lets say $400 RPM for a portfolio like mine.

You can post here, PM or email me with details.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Nice site and nice work!!!

Regards.

The $120 is based on a somewhat better than random test portfolio, as acronyms, surnames, first names, and similar domains will do better elsewhere than at SN. Really high quality domains in high earning categories can easily earn $200 RPM or more at SmartName. My average (not my test portfolio) at SN is now earning an RPM of $230.

Because it takes me an average of 2 hours PER DOMAIN to decide on the keywords, create a graphic, choose colors on SmartName, I only try domains at SN if the name seems likely to be worth the effort.

The average domain that I have moved from DomainSponsor to SmartName has doubled in income. However, some domains go down when moved to SN. And, I know that the Auto-Optimization at DomainSponsor cannot be beat (at least to this point in time) for a large portfolio of general domains.

picassoface said:
Hi :) I like you PPCincome site, very informative. Question though: Say I have 100 names for sale. What would be the difference in earnings between having them all parked at Sedo/Afternic (in those For Sale pages) versus straight up parking with DomainSponsor/Fabulous ? In the end, I'd like to sell the names, but it looks like you can make alot of monthly income by directly working through DS or Fab, bypassing Sedo/Afternic....Thanks :)

You can post your domains for sale using DomainSponsor or SmartName. However, if you really want to sell your domains, then Sedo and Afternic are outstanding in that regard. "a lot of monthly income" depends on the kind of domains you own and the amount of traffic. If you do not have 1000 uniques/day, then forget about DS and SN.

GT Web said:
Great article Howard...double check the page title for the SmartName review though :)

Thanks, Daniel

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the site. I am thinking about trying out links.com on SN, if it qualifies. I have an average of about 700 uniques a day, all type-ins. I would be interested in knowing what you think. Thanks.

Rich

Tenkk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rpm!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom