Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

PR appears to be updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please check all your domains as it appears there is an update happening. I know it's early but I have democracyforums.com PR8 now at all datacenters which last week was PR0.

Anyone else showing changes?

Domain Days 2024

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes there has been a pr update, All mine have changed as well

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joey have you seen anything odd like a site PR7 or PR8. I just can't believe the site I started promoting 3 weeks ago is PR8.

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Joey have you seen anything odd like a site PR7 or PR8. I just can't believe the site I started promoting 3 weeks ago is PR8.

I got a pr5 on a site I started march 4th,

and a friend got a pr7 on a directory he started in late feb,

Its all legit,

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes ---- This appears to be a PR update that will stick..... It has effected an odd variety of sites. At first I thought that it only effected new sites, but it appears that it has effected mostly low PR sites where I have yet to find and increase on a PR5 or higher site....

Another thing that I have noticed is that Google has been very generous with the amount of PR given to the sites that did move....

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree on the generous partm Thanx Google!

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, I just noticed it myself! I was wonking on a site that has only been online for a couple of weeks and I noticed a PR2 in the toolbar. I refreshed my browser, still there, checked a couple more sites and they had updated too! Well I guess 4 months was getting a bit long between updates...

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google like to mix it up so you never know, what they are thinking - I guess they were to predictable, so they mixed it up alittle,

Guees now we wont know.............

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought more than month ago 1 x PR9 link, 2 x PR8 and couple of PR7 to my main business site. PR went down from 5 to 4. But for my top converting phrase I am No. 6 in Google, before was No 40.
Pagerank-Schmagerank...

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Holy moly Jesse, how on earth did that forum just become PR8. I see no evidence of cloaking either (not suggesting you would, but it can inadvertantly happen). Maybe G W Bush has given PR8 to all sites that promote democracy :D

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree that PR holds little weight in the actual results pages but I still believe the page must have at least a 3 or 4 to show up in the results pages. Pages lower than 3 or 4 will not show (please correct me if I'm wrong).

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of the forums on my main forum finally got pr

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
deepstar said:
I tend to agree that PR holds little weight in the actual results pages but I still believe the page must have at least a 3 or 4 to show up in the results pages. Pages lower than 3 or 4 will not show (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yes, you are wrong - Pr can affect you, but you can also have nice results and low pr, Matt Cutts just said in an interview the other day that Pr is going to work with your crawlabity, meaning the higher your pr the more they will like to crawl you

BUT, you can have results even in the top 5 without pr

Now if its a new registration, YES there is a sandbox and new site content filter

thats a whole seperate issue,

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe why the toolbar has been acting up the last couple of days.

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did put lots of seo into it,

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lukeeales said:
Holy moly Jesse, how on earth did that forum just become PR8. I see no evidence of cloaking either (not suggesting you would, but it can inadvertantly happen). Maybe G W Bush has given PR8 to all sites that promote democracy :D

Yeah I was using fake PR checkers too...took me about an hour to realize it appears real. I did do some great linking for the site the past few weeks. Google has been eating up my forums too. I been getting first page results for some decent terms. Even though the site has about 90 members and 1400 posts. Google has indexed about 35k pages. I am using a new forum software called mybb. It's doing very well for me. Say goodbye to PHPBB.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, some sites went up, some went down.

But I agree with Denny007, keyword ranking for 1 of the sites whose pr went down is still going strong.

But I still would rather go up :-D

Many names jumped from 0 to 2 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom