Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pre-dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got an email from an attorney saying they will go to the police, court and WIPO for getting a domain I own.
Do I need to respond to this or is it only when the C&D letter arrives?
Since the domain in question is a last name(and their company name) I would appreciate if you could post some links to decisions where those types of domains are involved. Even better if they are surnames with an "s" at the end (eg. johnsons.com).

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hellstrom said:
I got an email from an attorney saying they will go to the police, court and WIPO for getting a domain I own.

A real attorney would know that the police have nothing to do with it. He (or she) is either incompetent or thinks you are.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Post the email so we can all laugh, then wait till you get something official to respond. Sometimes a response can be included in the UDRP proceeding and may work against you.

Usually attorneys send letters by postal mail, not just email.

IANAL, so depending on how valuable you think the domain is, consult a real attorney.

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I meant that a lawyer sent the mail.
I think I have a legitimate use of it. It's a lastname.com and I offer an email address to those interested. Has this been succesfully claimed as a legitimate use before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom