Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pre-registering .EU domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I registered a few .eu domains through GoDaddy, but now I'm noticing that some domains that GoDaddy says are available actually have a few applications at ttp://www.whois.eu How does this work? Is this on a first come first served basis? If you don't get the domain, do you get your money back? Also at whois.eu there's a section for "Documents received", wich are all blank on the domains I checked. Exactly wich documents are they?

Thanks for any input.

Domain Days 2024

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jarmusch said:
Hi,

I registered a few .eu domains through GoDaddy, but now I'm noticing that some domains that GoDaddy says are available actually have a few applications at ttp://www.whois.eu How does this work?

It means you can still be a clueless fool and pay Godaddy to preregister these domains for you, so when and if those TM applications "fail" (<yeah right) you might be able to get them provided GD is faster to them than potentially hundreds of other registrars and thousands of other speculators.

Preregistering names is a sure way to give away your hard earned money to those who know better. :laugh:

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it even worth it... (just a thought)...

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
It means you can still be a clueless fool and pay Godaddy to preregister these domains for you, so when and if those TM applications "fail" (<yeah right) you might be able to get them provided GD is faster to them than potentially hundreds of other registrars and thousands of other speculators.

Preregistering names is a sure way to give away your hard earned money to those who know better. :laugh:
I went for generic adult names mostly (no TM), I checked and almost all don't have any applications yet. With some luck I'll get a few domains at least out of this scam.

dotNames

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jarmusch said:
I went for generic adult names mostly (no TM), I checked and almost all don't have any applications yet. With some luck I'll get a few domains at least out of this scam.
I wish you too...
But you'll better keep your foot on the earth.
Before 7th of April, there will be SUNRISE II period, which will let more potential candidates to apply for domain names. In fact, all those who have a legal interrest into the domain name they apply. For example, your company name is SEX EU LLC and you'll be eligible , of course if you paid the fee, to be added in the list.
At this point the rule "fisrt come, first server" will apply combined with send of official document.
As far as i see, how people was already able to fool the trademarks process, i am wondering how they will be able to fool the SUNRISE II period.
But what i am sure is, after SUNRISE II not many more valuable .eu would be available for registration on 7th of April.
In this business, Money rules.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holy crap what is up with the image in your sig? It makes the page like 100 times as long.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Jarmusch said:
Hi,

I registered a few .eu domains through GoDaddy, but now I'm noticing that some domains that GoDaddy says are available actually have a few applications at ttp://www.whois.eu How does this work?

its the opposite in my case, domains that shows up as not avalable at GD, shows up being avalable at www.whois.eu

:cool:g

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom