Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Precious Life Lost -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am absolutely fuming and broken hearted by what has been suspected for quite some time.

Soon, the Hickory police here in NC will be holding a news conference.

Human remains found will be confirmed that they are the remains of Zahra Baker have been found.

If you are not familiar with this angel, she is a special young lady, She was only 10 years old but has battled so much in her short life. She has battled various cancer (bone cancer mainly) since she was born. She lost a leg to amputation to cancer when she was five. She also lost her hearing later on. Her latest fight with cancer was the development of lung cancer.

Nothing this little girl has gone through prepared her for the fight of her life - her stepmother.

Zahra was born in Australia. Her parents divorced. Her father moved to North Carolina and married a woman who has been reported to have abused, hit, and make life a living hell for Zahra.

Apparently this was not enough for her stepmom, Elisa Baker.

The last time she was "reported" to be alive was September 25th. Questions immediately began when there was a fire at the home in the backyard and no one could confirm where Zahra was. The answers given to people were very vague.

Naturally, Zahra disappearance was immediately suspicious. Her stepmother, Elisa, parked her vehicle somewhere where someone was able to see and read a ransom note that Elisa had written.

She was arrested on countless unrelated charges (forgery, bad checks, obstruction of justice etc.) but continued to play dumb to Zahra's disappearance. Even when Zahra's prosthetic leg was found a few days ago along a road and creekbed, Elisa still was still not cooperating, even though she claimed to be cooperating.

This story and episode of outright cruelty has stricken me to the core of my heart and soul. I just can not express my outrage enough over this lose of pure innocence and outright bravery from a child who had been through so much, who had nothing but smiles and love to offer.

Few stories affect me this way. Obviously, cruelty and inhumane treatment to children and the intentional loss of an innocent life is heart wrenching.

I am literally heartbroken over this.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heard about it on the news but didn't follow up on it. Sad story. The other story about the murder of the Petit family is just too tragic to even talk about. I used to think things like this happen only in movies. Stories like these trigger people to rationalize the worth of life and they end up not wanting kids of their own, for fear that the world is a cold, cruel and harsh place. I hope both men who have to endure such loss find peace.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I seen that, what a messed up world we live in. People are just sick in the head.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just saw this on CNN - absolutely heart breaking. I just can't fathom how people visit these sort of cruelties on children. Particularly as a parent, its hard to not feel physically sick over stories like this.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been on the road for the last 5 hours so unable to get the news via the networks.

From what a couple members have posted, appears to have broken on CNN and others.

Simply horrible.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Horrible. Just now getting to see the news. Showing her biological mom's arrival from australia

What really pisses me off are all the people telling tales about they suspected abuse - bruises, black eyes, marks...people even reported that her step mom used to make her get out of the car an make he walk for miles on the prosthetic leg.

People saw all of this but said nothing and did nothing.

Have you seen photos of her? Cute as can.be and every picture or video clip shows a smiling happy girl despite all her medical ailments abusive mother in law.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was reading this story yesterday, It seems Zahra never wanted to leave Australia for the USA, but a Girl of her age had no choice.

Very sad really, even more so to the residents of N.C. who have to deal with it, It seems the closer these tragedies are to home, the more impact they have on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom