Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Prediction: Napster 2.0 will change the internet "again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After watching yesterday's webcast of the launch of Napster 2.0, I came away from it with the feeling that history is about to happen "again". Gone will be the days of going to a store to make a purchase of your favorite music. That in of itself will be heard around the world. With quality, legal music just a click away, I predict this will be the death nail of "brick" music stores.

This model of music distrubution isn't something new. What is new is how napster will work. For one thing Napster was a community, and looks like it will be again. They've kept a lot of the same features of what made Napster big. The interface is awesome. You will be able to download to portable devices. Their partnerships are telling: Samsung, Microsoft and Gateway. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, Roxio, the parent company of Napster is partially owned by two major record labels.

Once Napster catches fire (again), it will also inadvertantly (in a good way), make "digital distrubution", paid that is, as common as going to the local gas station and buying gas for your car.

Therefore, my 2nd prediction is that the new "dot com" millionaires will be those who "position" themselves in the lucrative "digital" distrubution market. (Songs, movies, etc)

Btw: The Gateway partnership with Napster is interesting. Gateway has 86'd the PC market in favor of the electronic consumer market. My guess is there will be a Napster for for your gateway "home" entertainment center... d:)

izopodian philosophy: When something becomes viral, and doesn't cost much to distrubute, you had better wake up and smell the coffee!!

October 29, 2003: The Revolution Part Deux

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am so happy that they are back!

My hopes:

Kazzaa, winamp and all other free DLers die and never come back.

Apple, Napster and the other legal services compete and make good prices ($.99 per song is too much).

I hope all who want to DL music go with the leagl ways and PAY.

I think it will be great!

I do not agree with THEAFT of music. :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
After
izopodian philosophy: When something becomes viral, and doesn't cost much to distrubute, you had better wake up and smell the coffee!!

October 29, 2003: The Revolution Part Deux

i just poured myself A CUP

all set with www.Liquid.us :cheeky:

im working on licensing agreements now for downloads for coming soon with Tune.us

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas

i just poured myself A CUP

all set with www.Liquid.us :cheeky:

im working on licensing agreements now for downloads for coming soon with Tune.us

Excellent!!! Hey, If you ever need a "consultant" you know where to find me! :-D

btw: I'm hoping after we get Sponsor.kids.us up, to try and get "Digital.kids.us" up and running. It is my belief this generation growing up right now will be the ones to take us to that "next level".

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas

Lock up those licenses for as long as you can zouzas.

I've got another prediction: Those who get those licenses first will actually be the ones who benefit. Digital music copyrights are a finite resource. If you own a piece of that finite resource you can use it as a tool to further your share of the market.

note: Bill Gates is a multi-billionaire because he understood the concept of "blocking out the competition". Before him coders just gave away there stuff like AOL gave away their software.

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
I am so happy that they are back!

My hopes:

Kazzaa, winamp and all other free DLers die and never come back. ...

You can share music files w/ winamp??? :huh:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry I meant WinMX or whatever its called.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

Excellent!!! Hey, If you ever need a "consultant" you know where to find me! :-D

btw: I'm hoping after we get Sponsor.kids.us up, to try and get "Digital.kids.us" up and running. It is my belief this generation growing up right now will be the ones to take us to that "next level".

great for sponsor,,,,,,,,,,,music is probablly the one of the bigest cash cow industries for online business,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom