Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Premium Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabir1008

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see names for sale listed as premium and they seem to be $1000 to $3000 or up
I'm curious what defines a premium domain

I know it's good to have
Keyword terms
no numbers, hyphen
possible type in traffic
.com

Thanks for any input

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone is selling "premium" names, I suggest you not to bother with that overused term.

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only premium domain is premium.com

Ok on a serious note it all differs from people to people. exxe is right that every one is selling "premium" domains. It's like every body loves their own children no matter what. To me premium domains are the ones which are short like 3 or four chars or the ones which are strong meaningful keywords. But I don't like these 8wd.com or 9ab.com kind of 3 char domains because they are just hyped up names and they have no meaningful use other than being "short". Just my 2 cents!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most people sure have different interpretations of the term "premium". For me, a premium domain is a one- or two-word generic .com domain that describes a popular product, service or geographic location, sometimes also a two-letter domain or a high-quality three-letter domain.

But the reason why you see the term "premium" used so often, is that sellers like to use it to make their domains look more attractive. So the best domains actually don't need the "premium" denomination, because good domains can sell themselves.

kabir1008

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that's great news - my portfolio just increased in value!

anyone want to buy Q3-bnm84onlinecantevenreadit.net "Premium Domain" :lol:

Just kidding - great replies

Thanks

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well that's great news - my portfolio just increased in value!

anyone want to buy Q3-bnm84onlinecantevenreadit.net "Premium Domain" :lol:

Just kidding - great replies

Thanks

Not kidding .... if I want that domain badly, it's a premium domain for me.

Anything that has HIGH ROI joined to a name directly / indirectly, is a PREMIUM.

Yes, it is a over used and an abused term these days , especially among domainers.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see names for sale listed as premium and they seem to be $1000 to $3000 or up

I know it's good to have
Keyword terms
no numbers, hyphen
possible type in traffic
.com

Thanks for any input

don't know where you got that criteria from..."no numbers, hyphen"

too many newbs pick-up hype from others and spread it around before they even know what is marketable.

here's a previous thread that's basically asking the same questions

http://www.dnforum.com/f34/premium-domain-thread-353711.html

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thread on the link Biggedon posted with lots of good thoughts, make sure you read it.

IMO, on one hand, like many have said here, "premium", when used honestly means the name is a lot more valuable than other names you might see. So, for a dictionary word, it might be a real word found in a normal dictionary, not an obscure word, or one with -ly, -ing, -ed, or other tenses. Books vs. Booked vs. Bookly. Sure, the last one might be in someone's word list, but the first one is a premium in anyone's mind.

For LLL/LLLL/LLLLL type names, where the combination of letters don't spell anything, premium is sometimes used to refer to the individual letters in the name. Some letters have been labeled as "premium" by domainers because they are more popular in the English language. So, when hyping these types of names, you'll see people refer to the number of "premium" letters in the name. Of course, once you look at the popularity of letters from a non-English language, then the label premium can change.

Lastly, like most people said in the other thread, "premium" is the most over used word in domain selling. Sellers use the word so often, that it has lost any value to describe a name in a sale.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only premium domain is premium.com

lmao :yes:

For me, a premium name is the one a potential client wants on my terms.

On another note, you will be mighty amazed at the quality of premium names being hawked on the auction floor these days.

Learn to sell. If you do that well, most of your average names will be premium instantly. (And your premium names, super premium.)

Jessica320

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If that domain is getting at least 100,000 Global monthly searches on Adwords Keyword Tool, for me that is already "premium." And I've got lots of it waiting to be liquidated. :)

kabir1008

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link Biggedon and Jessica 100,000 searches that's a good number.
I just bought some great local names the other day and I forgot to check for searches on ad words - some were still good - I'm a little slow but I think if I spend enough money I just might get it right ;)

I really don't get these LLL or LLLL that dont mean anything but they seem to sell.

Jessica320

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It beats me, too, but I guess it's the "shortness" of this type that sells. Let me know if you're interested in a pronounceable LLL.com :)

Yeah, domains around that number are worth thousands in my opinion. Bigger search results means bigger market. That's how we decide if the domain is good enough for development.

Actually, you don't have to spend more money to learn the trade. Hold your wallet and only open it when you're sure enough that what you're going to buy is a worthy investment. Do some research. Any business will not prosper without it.

But then again, some names only have less than 1,000 monthly searches and are still worth thousands of dollars. Just look for the green bar on Adwords Keyword Tool and see the Advertiser Competition. 10 or 20% is better than no advertiser at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom