Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Premium letters!!! Looky! Looky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Repeat after me, you know who you are: repeat offenders, that post "Premium letters! Premium domains!" in your titles - yet you offer crap letters and crap domains.

XQWJ are NOT premium letters.
RTYH is NOT a pronounceable domain.
HotCanana-ClubSea.com is NOT a premium domain.
KeywordSex.mobi is NOT a domain worth appraising.

Get real folks. DNF has turned into a bazaar of glass stones. We're not aboriginals - no more junk please.

Domain Days 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Repeat after me, you know who you are: repeat offenders, that post "Premium letters! Premium domains!" in your titles - yet you offer crap letters and crap domains.

XQWJ are NOT premium letters.
RTYH is NOT a pronouncable domain.
HotCanana-ClubSea.com is NOT a premium domain.
KeywordSex.mobi is NOT a domain worth appraising.

Get real folks. DNF has turned into a bazaar of glass stones. We're not aboriginals - no more junk please.

ROTFL. Come Acro, do you honestly think that this is going to stop them? Its not, they are just going to do it more. I've tried explaining the definition of a premium domain name to newbies, it just doesnt work.

One more thing I would like to add: DO NOT POST YOUR DOMAIN NAMES IN THE APPRAISAL SECTION AND GET PISSED WHEN WE TELL YOU WHAT IT'S WORTH..REGFEE! :noidea:

-Rock

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Seriously Rock ...If I were on an IRC channel seeing junk like the above examples, I'd slap them with a trout across the face.

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When someone uses the word Premium I don't even read any further. True premium names are premium because there is nothing else to be said.

The weaker the name the stronger the sales pitch has to be. Names speak for themselves...they don't need anything else other than to be listed....like Snap Names....just list them and be done with it.

If the names deserved all of those accolades the person likely wouldn't be selling. Come to think of it....the word Premium should not be allowed to be used....haha.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When someone uses the word Premium I don't even read any further. True premium names are premium because there is nothing else to be said.

The weaker the name the stronger the sales pitch has to be. Names speak for themselves...they don't need anything else other than to be listed....like Snap Names....just list them and be done with it.

If the names deserved all of those accolades the person likely wouldn't be selling. Come to think of it....the word Premium should not be allowed to be used....haha.

:confused: I thought explaining my domain were premium was good.

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:confused: I thought explaining my domain were premium was good.

It's not going to really hurt a true premium name (if you say premium), but why be lumped in with all of the pretenders? Most people who are going to buy a premium name will realize it's value immediately anyways.

It's like when someone tells you another person is the funniest person they ever met....when you meet them you are looking for reasons why they aren't as funny as the person said. Everyone's a skeptic.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's obvious that I am not referring to those who offer truly premium domains. But the white noise has increased so much that it's ridiculous how lack of common sense has been overpowered by used car salesmen tactics!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think from now on an appraisal should come with a offer...lol

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you forgot about the RARE 5 character CCCCC.biz

:p

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's obvious that I am not referring to those who offer truly premium domains. But the white noise has increased so much that it's ridiculous how lack of common sense has been overpowered by used car salesmen tactics!

I think the best names look better when they are just listed. Like if someone was selling UsedCars.com they should just list it....instead of saying "This Premium" name. The word premium and domain names has more of a negative connotation with me than a positive one....because of all of the crap names that are called premium.

That's why you made this thread. It is pretty crazy...is there a way to slap someone on the wrist on a message board....."whack".

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Pretty much had it with all of the above, as summed up in the first post. I don't think it's too exaggerated. My pet peeve is white noise, junk all over the place where it doesn't belong. I have no problem with people objectively thinking their domain has potential; but just throwing in the word "premium" for pure garbage is annoying.

A fine example: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=187689
"Pronounceable"? Yes, if you speak Klingon.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great thread; thanks guys. Though I try to help when I can I have about given up wading thru the "peer appraisal" forum. First my boots weren't tall enough and now it's gotten to where I needed a snorkel. :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another good domain adjective: generic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom