Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Premium Letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did some searching, but no joy.

What are considered Premium Letters, and why are they premium?

Just too new at this to have a clue.

Domain Summit 2024

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Also numbers:

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 are all considered premium numbers while 4, and 6 are not as nice and 0 is the worst possible.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to know this too. WHY are letters considered premium or not? That's just weird..I can understand maybe combinations of letters or words, but individual letters? That's just weird. I think it is a conspiracy between high level domainers to mess with the noobs heads! YOU WANT OUR DOMAINS!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did some searching, but no joy.

What are considered Premium Letters, and why are they premium?

Just too new at this to have a clue.

Hi

You're going to find plenty of arguments every time this question is raised.

As what's considered premium imo, is in the eye of the buyer.

Personally, I don't subscribe to this philosophy of "dissecting" domains down to individual letter values.

There are only 26 of them.

I'm sure other members will give you full lists of what they think are premium and what is not.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to know this too. WHY are letters considered premium or not? That's just weird..I can understand maybe combinations of letters or words, but individual letters? That's just weird. I think it is a conspiracy between high level domainers to mess with the noobs heads! YOU WANT OUR DOMAINS!

Letters are decided to be premium or not based on the friendliness of the letter (how easy it is to say), the popularity of the letter with companies (fetching end users with LLL.com's, LLLL.com's ...) and many other reasons. It is no conspiracy.

Many people think for LL.com, even LLL.com that no letter can be bad, but in reality, if you compare non premium non premium (LL.com) to premium premium (LL.com), there is a price difference. Say ZQ.com vs BN.com

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also numbers:

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 are all considered premium numbers while 4, and 6 are not as nice and 0 is the worst possible.

lol

only 10 numbers and you've decided which are premium and which are not :)

"0" is the worst possible?

lol again

Letters are decided to be premium or not based on the friendliness of the letter (how easy it is to say), the popularity of the letter with companies (fetching end users with LLL.com's, LLLL.com's ...) and many other reasons. It is no conspiracy.

the conspiracy is already in effect

wake up!

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
biggedon, I LOL'd when I heard it too, I'm just going by what others said to me (hey maybe you guys played with my head too) and the value of names I've seen being sold. I've watched names with "0" always be valued under names without 0...except special cases like 080.com 000.com 007.com ;) and 100.com (etc)

back to super nintendo :D

kylewill

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are such things as premium letters.

Here is the logical, unbiased way of looking at it...

There are more companies out there that use the letter D in their acronym than Q...
Or the letter M vs. X...

So......

The more companies out there that use those letters, the more potential buyers there will be! Which increases the chances of getting the offer you want. More interested parties means more competition which means an even more importance for a given company using that acronym to buy it.

We should make a list of Fortune 500/1000 companies who identify themselves with a 3 letter acronym.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I've intuitively dodged a few of the bad ones without having a clue.
I got a few iffy 4L's that started with ez. I did avoid all the 0's though.

MarinM

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To sum it up, I believe it was about marketing. In the beginning all the letters were same, then some became more and more premium. Right now there are some CVCV and other categorizations of letters. While in reality letter frequency is much more important than all that QWXYZ story. So, in my belief letter frequency (but not only in English, but in all languages combined) should determine pricelist of letters in general.
In the future we'll probably get closer to that comparison than now.
One thing that'll remain is that just like anything that can be sold at the auction house (painting, horses and domains), domains will always deviate a lot from "scientific pricing models", since it's much more to the price than pure letter or name frequencies. In the first place, it's the buyer that pays for the name.

T

tekz999

premium letters in English language: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T
premium letters in Chinese language: J, K, U, V, W, Q, X, Y, Z

mkellerman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
premium letters in English language: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T
premium letters in Chinese language: J, K, U, V, W, Q, X, Y, Z

LOL. But actually no word in Pinyin can start with U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom