Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PremiumDrops and Domain Research Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am trying the demos of PremiumDrops and Domain Research Tools. I'd like to do a combination of type in domains and typo domians, and develop several for adsense/adwords. A few questions:

-Does anyone use these tools? Are they current? They say that the Overture metrics are key but isn't Overture a thing of the past?
-Any better/similar tool suggestions? These look great although on the demos most of the domain names, for example available domain names, show up with no metrics. Maybe because it's the demo version? But some have metrics so I suspect not. Support has not responded and on support email to PremiumDrops I got an error message that the message could not be delivered. Are these old programs or current?
-Does anyone know anything about "Adsense Arbitrage"? One of the ebooks I bought came with an article about it but it was from 2006. Sounds like a great idea but give how fast Google changes rules perhaps it is out of date/not allowed/a bad idea?

If anyone can recommend their favorite tools and let me know about PremiumDrops/Domain Research Tool I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Laura:uhoh:

HuntingMoon

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my favorite tool for finding the pending delete domains is our own: PDDW.com by IPalert. arbitrage is a big no-no with Adsense- make sure you do not get a lifetime ban.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The DRT software is great! PremiumDrops.com not so much! With the DRT software just get raw lists and use the software. No real need for PD then.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am trying the demos of PremiumDrops and Domai
n Research Tools. I'd like to do a combination of type in domains and typo domians, and develop several for adsense/adwords. A few questions:

-Does anyone use these tools? Are they current? They say that the Overture metrics are key but isn't Overture a thing of the past?
-Any better/similar tool suggestions? These look great although on the demos most of the domain names, for example available domain names, show up with no metrics. Maybe because it's the demo version? But some have metrics so I suspect not. Support has not responded and on support email to PremiumDrops I got an error message that the message could not be delivered. Are these old programs or current?
-Does anyone know anything about "Adsense Arbitrage"? One of the ebooks I bought came with an article about it but it was from 2006. Sounds like a great idea but give how fast Google changes rules perhaps it is out of date/not allowed/a bad idea?

If anyone can recommend their favorite tools and let me know about PremiumDrops/Domain Research Tool I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Laura:uhoh:

i see you aren't taking the advice given in your last thread.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to pay the subscription fee I would recommend Premiumdrops due to the fact it is the best dropped domain tool on the net. Although the service is somewhat unreliable they are still working on it and it is far from outdated. I have tried to use DRT but it takes alot of patience and in the end you will need a Premiumdrops subscription to get the most out of it. Premiumdrops gives the last 7 days of drops with almost full statistics and an easy search tool.

raindance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggedon,

I think the advice was to decide on a path before buying any tools. I decided on a path and had already downloaded those demos. Seems hard to get a feel for how it works without having the tools to play with, no? I'd like to have a tool to work with that will generate domain names with data showing rankings etc. Do you suggest an alternative? How else to get a feel for it if not to have a tool to work with?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in the voice of Yoda

decided which path, have you my young jedi?

many paths there are, but to success...not all do they go

raindance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that's a good point :)

Does it count to say my path is to try a little bit of this and that? :)

I want to aquire some good type in and typo domains, some good ones to sell and some good ones to develop with adsense/adwords. I think that sums up a little bit of everything! So doesn't it make sense to have at least a few tools that allow me to try a bit of this and that but with the RIGHT tool? :)

Thanks everyone for the advice on tools!

I've been thinking about your sage yoda advice...if you were just starting out, what do you think is the clearest route to success? Where would you start if you were me knowing what you know?

I have a web development background although need to get caught up with the whole CMS side of things. I have always done pretty standard small business sites with Dreamweaver but not full time now for several years so am behind the curve with Web 2.0

So far i think the domain universe is intriguing. I bought 60 domain names off the bat for fun before I realized *duh* there is a whole science to this, necessitating serious learning and research before buying anything more, hence my desire for tools. Plus, I'm a tools freak...I LOVE research tools, they make me happy.

I have a keyword program called "Keyword Analyzer". That used to be fine for my Adsense campaigns but I was doing that several years ago and I'm sure the field has changed.

I think it's a ridiculous amount of fun to look at your adsense stats and see money there, and have the same thrill when I see a click here or there for my sedo parked domains.

So...that's me. Knowing what you know, what would your yoda advice be as to where to start and which tools to invest in? I am getting a bit lost in all the options.

Thank you!

savegas

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any script or software I could buy to set uo a service like PremiumDrops or Domain Research Tools

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well that's a good point :)

Does it count to say my path is to try a little bit of this and that? :)

I want to aquire some good type in and typo domains, some good ones to sell and some good ones to develop with adsense/adwords. I think that sums up a little bit of everything! So doesn't it make sense to have at least a few tools that allow me to try a bit of this and that but with the RIGHT tool? :)

Thanks everyone for the advice on tools!

I've been thinking about your sage yoda advice...if you were just starting out, what do you think is the clearest route to success? Where would you start if you were me knowing what you know?

I have a web development background although need to get caught up with the whole CMS side of things. I have always done pretty standard small business sites with Dreamweaver but not full time now for several years so am behind the curve with Web 2.0

So far i think the domain universe is intriguing. I bought 60 domain names off the bat for fun before I realized *duh* there is a whole science to this, necessitating serious learning and research before buying anything more, hence my desire for tools. Plus, I'm a tools freak...I LOVE research tools, they make me happy.

I have a keyword program called "Keyword Analyzer". That used to be fine for my Adsense campaigns but I was doing that several years ago and I'm sure the field has changed.

I think it's a ridiculous amount of fun to look at your adsense stats and see money there, and have the same thrill when I see a click here or there for my sedo parked domains.

So...that's me. Knowing what you know, what would your yoda advice be as to where to start and which tools to invest in? I am getting a bit lost in all the options.

Thank you!

if you really have web development skills, then that is what you should be exploiting, imo.

you probably could make more money for designing nice css or html templates, with adsense embedded ...ready to go for sale or personal use.

take the best 5 of those 60 names you bought and make active websites for them.

if you make any adsense or affiliate revenue, then take that money and buy or register some type-in traffic names that relate to products and services.

then make sites for those

then take the income from those sites and continue the cycle

i have a site which only averages $10 > $15 a month with adsense

but it pays the renewal and hosting fees which is only $15 a year, and has earned pr4 ranking since i first registered the domain.

even have a few who pay an annual fee to place links to their sites from my pages!

simple html and a little css, written in notepad :)

this is only 1 site, as i am not a webdesigner, but if i was...

:)

raindance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you biggedon...I really appreciate it. That direction makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the advice. It's a bit overwhelming to figure out which way to go...thanks for the flashlight!

if you really have web development skills, then that is what you should be exploiting, imo.

you probably could make more money for designing nice css or html templates, with adsense embedded ...ready to go for sale or personal use.

take the best 5 of those 60 names you bought and make active websites for them.

if you make any adsense or affiliate revenue, then take that money and buy or register some type-in traffic names that relate to products and services.

then make sites for those

then take the income from those sites and continue the cycle

i have a site which only averages $10 > $15 a month with adsense

but it pays the renewal and hosting fees which is only $15 a year, and has earned pr4 ranking since i first registered the domain.

even have a few who pay an annual fee to place links to their sites from my pages!

simple html and a little css, written in notepad :)

this is only 1 site, as i am not a webdesigner, but if i was...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom