Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Prerelease Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengzai

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much is a good estimate to bid on a prerelease numerical domain from Namejet assuming the domain worth $300 - $400 traded among domainers?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$69, then monitor to see if goes to auction

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If its a decent name NameJet will simply siphon it off to their preferred clients/themselves etc. I have lost faith in Namejet and Snapnames as they now both are playing games that would not bew acceptable in any properly regulated business setting. I note that Namejet can never provide any proper response to queries about auctions that dont occur and suddenly find domain regged to another Enom user with fresh reg date. What happened to an auction ???

DG

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If its a decent name NameJet will simply siphon it off to their preferred clients/themselves etc. I have lost faith in Namejet and Snapnames as they now both are playing games that would not bew acceptable in any properly regulated business setting. I note that Namejet can never provide any proper response to queries about auctions that dont occur and suddenly find domain regged to another Enom user with fresh reg date. What happened to an auction ??? DG

I know. I just had to buy a domain from acquirethisdomain.com which was supposed to have been auctioned off.
It sucks, but I'm glad I was able to get the domain though...

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know. I just had to buy a domain from acquirethisdomain.com which was supposed to have been auctioned off.
It sucks, but I'm glad I was able to get the domain though...

I am sure you may have done, but that is notwhat is supposedly offered by Namejet. What I see nowadays are Namejet (Enom) abusing their position as registrars in order to enrioch themselves ,rather than act in bona fide, upfront, transparent basis . The system stinks ,and they know and take unfair advantage of that. If I am wrong I would welcome Enom's explanation as to why a domain was removed from my Backorder list (along with at least 15 others) and then suddenly appears as freshly registered to Enom customer who are I would suggest are clearly connected to Enom. That is how I interpret what I see but if I am wrong Namejet could easily explain.

The domain in question is pearlqatar.com

I doubt they will bother answering and it shows me the system is simply that Enom abuse their position as Registrars.

UPDATE: I have now received a reply from NameJet that the Registrar "pulled" the domain name PearlQatar.com from the auction . Maybe the guy giving me that reply does not realise that Enom owns Namejet ?. I see now also that today whois was changed from earlier this morning ,and purports to show a Korean "address" ,yet for sale at Sedo shows [email protected] which belongs to company in California NOT Korea.

DG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom