Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Press Release for advertising a domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSkies

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience in using a press release for advertising a high valued domain name?

I noted PRWeb. How effective are they? What are the other major services to consider?

Thanks,

- BlueSkies

Domain Days 2024

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed one press release come out of PR Web exclusively advertising a "premium" domain for sale. I don't think the domain was actually premium, but the vast majority of the general public might not know the difference.

PR Web is a B2C wire service. Their feeds are free and lots of sites run their feeds for content. I wouldn't seriously have any expectations of the story getting picked up by real media outlet, but you can expect some traffic and attention (assuming your domains are of interest).

Is your domain one that you are hoping to have a real news service pick up the story? If so, you might want to consider PR Newswire or Business News Wire. They're much more expensive, IIRC, but their primary audience is news rooms and media industry ppl like journalists and desk editors who are looking for new story ideas and filler pieces.

Also, you're going to want to have a professional write your press release -- there's a little bit of an art to it. :)

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used PRweb.com once and my article was listed on the first page of Yahoo.com Business news. I wrote it myself... I guess you could say I have a way with my words! (It was rated 4/5 stars by PRWeb.com Editors)

BlueSkies

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing your article. Do you have a link to it?

Thanks,

BlueSkies

I used PRweb.com once and my article was listed on the first page of Yahoo.com Business news. I wrote it myself... I guess you could say I have a way with my words! (It was rated 4/5 stars by PRWeb.com Editors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom