Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pricing Profit Making Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

How is the best way to "Price" a website that you want to sell? I have a website that is over 5 years old and it consistently has made between $950 to $1400 per month net profit for the last 3 years, with about 5 hours of work on it per week. It costs zero to run, except for a hosting fee (which is next to nothing) and the only labor is answering a few emails and some basic accounting.

I am wondering what the best way to put a value on it would be? I have lierally put zero amount of advertising into it, so I believe it actually has a lot more potential to make much more money per month as well.

Thanks,

Doug

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

The going price for such a website is between 6 months to 10 months the monthly income.

So if for example you make $1100 per month you could get between 6500$ to $11000 usd for it...

But you may get more depending on what is included with the website and what the domain name is.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You website is worth a heck of a lot more than that...

~ $1200 per month for 3 years means you can get 24-48 months revenue for it...so I would say $40,000-$75,000

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree when based on revenue alone. There are some other factors that could make it even more valuable but solely based on revenue those are good figures to shot for.

GT Web said:
You website is worth a heck of a lot more than that...

~ $1200 per month for 3 years means you can get 24-48 months revenue for it...so I would say $40,000-$75,000

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks All! I was thinking it was at least 24 months worth of income... which it sounds like it is at least that.

Much appreciated...

Doug

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doug, good work. If I were you, I wont sell the website unless, you REALLY need money, or the sales are dropping, or you do not care any more. :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cwsteam.com said:
Doug, good work. If I were you, I wont sell the website unless, you REALLY need money, or the sales are dropping, or you do not care any more. :)
Generally this is a good case to be in.

Sometimes an offer comes along for 1.5-3 years revenue/net and it just looks so sweet.

I know I've fallen for that trick before.

Greed (in people) is an evil thing :dead:

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's true Steen. I would guess if someone dangled $25,000 in front of me... I would have a hard time saying no :)

Again.... I appreciate all the responses,

Doug

Steen said:
Generally this is a good case to be in.

Sometimes an offer comes along for 1.5-3 years revenue/net and it just looks so sweet.

I know I've fallen for that trick before.

Greed (in people) is an evil thing :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom