Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Privacy Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

I have a question regarding privacy options when registering domains. What is the best option to hide one's identity?

Currently you can pay $9 per domain over at godaddy to hide your "whois" information. This can get very expensive very quickly with lots of domains.

Is the best solution to just get a P.O. Box? If I get a P.O. Box would I still need to make a Business name for myself?

Thank you for any advice.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use a registrar like answerable.com the privacy is free...otherwise just make up a contact name, address, and use a bunk phone #, and a free email address...I'm assuming you want to register typos or tm domains. If there is ever an issue with a domain and they have to release the info "behind" the free whois privacy it won't be your own...this does'nt mean you are immune though by any means...anything online can be traced back to you. Best policy is that if there is an issue with a domain ever, just give it to the complaintant - i.e. do the right thing. Good luck!

ps - if you want to use a US registrar try moniker.com, if you call them and get the special "DNF Rate" you should be able to get privacy for $1 on your domains with them, they just have to update your account with the special rate plan for Dnforum members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom