Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Privacy Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why does Enom charge for Privacy protection while other Registrars dont?

To protect large portfolios it can really add up.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For many domains you can set up the privacy yourself:
P.O box + virtual phone number.

Fabulous has free privacy.

But I think all those so-called privacy services will be quick to lift the veil at the slightest threat so I would count too much on them.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For many domains you can set up the privacy yourself:
P.O box + virtual phone number.

Fabulous has free privacy.

But I think all those so-called privacy services will be quick to lift the veil at the slightest threat so I would count too much on them.

My objective actually is to close my P.O. Box, and I do use Fabulous for the majority of my portfolio, I love it!... So if Fabulous can do it and still keep their prices competitive then why cant Enom? I still have some domains there, many are CC Tld's that Fab doesn't support... Do you know if Moniker charges?, I recall at one time they didn't.

Thanks

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
FABs prices are not competitive.

I actually don't mind paying a little more for better service... It's like paying less at Walmart and having to walk like a snail through a over crowded store, and then having to wait in a long line afterward... It's miserable and it's NOT worth it, I would MUCH rather go to a different store that's not so overcrowded, pay a little more and have a better shopping experience.

The push to sell other products at check-out like many Registrar's are doing is a big turn off, I refuse to use Godaddy for that reason.... I don't mind if they promote other products, but DON'T use trickery to do it, Don't have boxes pre-checked and defaults set at higher numbers, Enom has been doing this and I dislike it, If your not paying close attention it will cost you, and GOOD LUCK getting a refund since all sales are FINAL.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get outstanding customer service 24 hours a day for 7 years and counting. Great staff and superb results on the phone from the one and only registrar more people like to hate GoDaddy. Who cares how many pages you have to go through to get to checkout. At the end of the day I get a grate rate and the best domain management panel in my opinion.

I never contact support by email!

Posted from my iPhone

FABs prices are not competitive.

I actually don't mind paying a little more for better service... It's like paying less at Walmart and having to walk like a snail through a over crowded store, and then having to wait in a long line afterward... It's miserable and it's NOT worth it, I would MUCH rather go to a different store that's not so overcrowded, pay a little more and have a better shopping experience.

The push to sell other products at check-out like many Registrar's are doing is a big turn off, I refuse to use Godaddy for that reason.... I don't mind if they promote other products, but DON'T use trickery to do it, Don't have boxes pre-checked and defaults set at higher numbers, Enom has been doing this and I dislike it, If your not paying close attention it will cost you, and GOOD LUCK getting a refund since all sales are FINAL.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I get outstanding customer service 24 hours a day for 7 years and counting. Great staff and superb results on the phone from the one and only registrar more people like to hate GoDaddy. Who cares how many pages you have to go through to get to checkout. At the end of the day I get a grate rate and the best domain management panel in my opinion.

When you look at how far we've come from Network Solutions, I think we should all be glad were in the position to compare and choose... I wish you the best GD ;)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for me, fab reg fee is $8.75

i'd say that is pretty competitive, especially when you offer free privacy and free ppc options

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
for me, fab reg fee is $8.75

i'd say that is pretty competitive, especially when you offer free privacy and free ppc options

You must mean $8.79, Your 2 tiers above me, Not sure if that's good or not :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker charges $1/yr for privacy (at least they did 2 years ago). Not sure if they do presently.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Privacy, IMHO, is only as good as a holistic approach to privacy - and even there it's razor thin and open to the weakest link.

If you invest in domain privacy, yet host the domain for parking at the same registrar: weak link.

If you invest in domain privacy, yet use the same hosting provider for the developed site (especially with a static IP) then.... weak link.

It's perhaps a stop-gap measure against the curious, but for the most part it's easily bypassed if the registrant is even somewhat sloppy in privatizing ALL other aspects of their domain (thing Google Adsense & other analytics tools code, etc etc)....

My $0.02...

Rob

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good points Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom