Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Privacy Questions for .ca's

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If a buyer contacts a person with privacy settings in .ca...

It states when you want to answer the email that if no response is made by me (seller) that CIRA has the right to publish my information to buyer?

This can't be true...could it?

Domain Days 2024

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not really:

To be able to request Information, a Requestor must meet all of the following requirements:

a) The Information is not publicly available through CIRA’s WHOIS search tool.

b) The Requestor must have a current, good faith Dispute with a Registrant. For purposes of these Rules and Procedures, “Dispute” means only that a Requestor reasonably believes in good faith that a Registrant’s domain name and/or its content:
i. infringes Requestor’s Canadian: (i) registered trademark, (ii) registered copyright, or (iii) issued patent;
ii. infringes Requestor’s Canadian registered (Federal or Provincial) corporate, business or trade name; or
iii. is making use of the Requester’s personal information without their knowledge or consent to commit a crime (such as fraud, theft or forgery), to procure money, credit, loans, goods or services without authorization. (Identity Theft)

Nothing else shall constitute a Dispute hereunder.

c) The Requestor or their authorized representative must be able to provide such supporting documentation of the applicable Dispute as may be required by CIRA, from time to time
(the “Supporting Documentation”).

d) The Requestor or their authorized representative must be requesting the Information only in order to try and resolve the Dispute, and the Information, if provided, may not be used (in whole or in part) for any other reason.

e) The Requestor or their authorized representative must have both: (a) attempted to send a message regarding the Dispute to the Registrant through the Interested Party Contact Procedure (accessible from the WHOIS section on the CIRA website), no less than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to this request; and (b) was not able to resolve the Dispute through this mechanism. Communications through other means, or regarding other matters, do not satisfy this requirement.

f) The request for the Information of the Registrant must be in the applicable form as specified by CIRA from time to time. The form must be: (i) accurately and fully completed; (ii) signed by the Requestor or their appointed representative, certifying full compliance with the requirements of these Rules and Procedures and that the information in the form is truthful and correct; and (iii) the original sent by postal mail, courier or delivered in person to the address specified in the form.

g) The form must be accompanied by the applicable Supporting Documentation.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just as an FYI, we turned OFF the privacy feature on our one registrant 2 weeks ago, and have received 5 offers since on different domains, (some crap, 1 sale, 1 negotiating).
People either don't understand CIRA's contact system or can't be bothered with it, but they will make inquiries if it's off.
(ET and MT turned it off about a month or two after CIRA implemented it back in '08).

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in general CIRA system is clear as mud... LOL

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I believe in one rant, but I created two....one with privacy on and one with off. sometimes there are domains that you do not wish to sell, or receive contact from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom