Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.PRO domains can now be parked on Sedo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll park most of my .PROs there soon.

Best.
Rob

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
I'm happy to announce another update.
We should now support parking the .pro tld as well.
Jay
[email protected]
Hmm, well:
Are you SURE they can be parked? I tried listing them, but after being in the 'to be parked after verification' queu, they then disappeared from my Sedo account completely, i.e. none of the .PROs I submitted to Sedo got listed.

You guys DO realize that with the (2nd level) .PROs the registrant, in most cases, will show as:
Registrant Name: EnCirca
Registrant Organization: EnCirca, Inc.
Registrant Address1: 400 W. Cummings Park
Registrant Address2: Suite 1725-307
Registrant City: Woburn
Registrant State/Province: MA
Registrant Postal Code: 01801
Registrant Country: United States
and not the person that actually registered/paid for the .PRO; he/she will 'only' be listed as the Administrative/Technical contact.

So I see how that could give problems during Sedo's verification process!?

Let us know,

Best,
Rob

S

SedoCoUk

Yes,

Definitely, see california.pro

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulties while trying to park your .pros though. Please pm or email me your sedo ID and your .pro domains and I'll be happy to look into it further for you.

Jay
[email protected]

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, PM sent. Now I am wondering, California.pro has no 'This domain may be for sale by its owner'. Is this pure parking you are talking about, or can the listings also include a 'for sale' notification on the parking pages?

Best,
Rob

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The .pro domains parking at sedo.com seem not working so far, no click no revenue, even all of my .pro show "parked?" sign which they have been parking for many days, and the parking pages are showing up without problem. But why there are no unique views ,click recoreds and revenue of all my .pro in my control panel? I have even tried to click some ad links showin on my .pro parking pages.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it shows parked? when there is no traffic.
all you do is click on the hyperlink under parked? and u can test to see if it is parked.
clicking your own links is against the TOS

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:

yes, I know, but only for testing if it is working or not should be ok, isn't it? Sedo will detect and determine if there are major fraud clicks.

S

SedoCoUk

seeker said:
it shows parked? when there is no traffic.
all you do is click on the hyperlink under parked? and u can test to see if it is parked.

Exactly,

Please contact me directly if you have any questions or to test out any of your domains. I'll be happy to look into it.

All traffic is being counted correctly. There should be no issues here.

A domain will show the 'parked?' link in your domain management panel until it receives its first unique impression.

In general, considering how new the tld is, .pros should be expected to receive very little traffic until they become more popular. For the present they are an interesting area of speculation.

Jay
[email protected]

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Exactly,

Please contact me directly if you have any questions or to test out any of your domains. I'll be happy to look into it.

All traffic is being counted correctly. There should be no issues here.

A domain will show the 'parked?' link in your domain management panel until it receives its first unique impression.

In general, considering how new the tld is, .pros should be expected to receive very little traffic until they become more popular. For the present they are an interesting area of speculation.

Jay
[email protected]

Ok, thanks for reply, I just want to make sure the .pro parking function are working well.
All of my .pros are still showing "parked?" so far :dead: Maybe it will take a longer time to take off.

S

SedoCoUk

Just a brief update on selling .pros. Unless the domain is a Encirca it looks like any transfer would be extremely problematic. Some of the tld's registrars don't even provide information on how to carry out a transfer for a .pro. Some are assessing transfer fees of $50 and some make it seem like they would not allow it at all. Our transfer team is continuing to look into this. They are contacting each registrar to see if an internal transfer would be possible. When I get more information I will be sure to post another update.

Jay
[email protected]

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jay, excellent info, keep us updated. :)

Meanwhile, I've received (one and the same) email twice now from Sedo about the .PROs you (had to) help me list.
These emails ask me to confirm ownership for the domains; Sedo wants me to send them a brief e-mail from the address listed as the admin contact in the domain's ownership record. I know this is standard procedure, as I've had similar emails about some other names I wanted to list @ Sedo.

Well, anyway, the first time Sedo asked for such an email from me I indeed sent it (from the 'admin' email address), but nothing happened, i.e. the names still remained in my Sedo account as "We are currently verifying [?] the following domains."

And then this morning I got the exact same email request from Sedo once more. So again I sent Sedo an email from my 'admin' address... I hope it works out this time. If not, then I will send you a PM about this to see if this too you can sort out for me.

Best,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom