Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Problem in Changing Nameservers

Status
Not open for further replies.

skregmi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have two .org domains and three .com domains in Godaddy. I selected all of them and changed the nameserver to ns1.sth.com and ns2.sth.com
The three .com domains started to work immediately. However even after 3 days the two .org domains are not going to my site, rather they point to the parking page of Godaddy.
I saw the status of my domains in Godaddy control panel. All the five domains are set active. But when I check whois, it shows that .com domains are active but status of .org domains are set like this:

Howcan this be? My Godaddy Control panel shows the .org domains are active and whois shows them as update prohibited.
Although Godaddy control panel shows the .org domains active, I tried unlocking them. Even then whois shows status as update prohibited and the nameservers I change donot work (instead keeps pointing to godaddy parking page).
How can I solve the problem? Or have I missed anything important to do? (I am a newbie)
I would be grateful to your help.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do the following. It's most likely not GoDaddy's problem, rather your ISP. The .org status in the whois is normal.

Start => Run => Type cmd => Type ipconfig /flushdns => Open a new browser window

Post back if it did / didn't work

StuntPope

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The registrar lock is probably turned on (which is normal), you may need to turn it off, change the nameservers, you should turn it on again afterwards

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
StuntPope said:
The registrar lock is probably turned on (which is normal), you may need to turn it off, change the nameservers, you should turn it on again afterwards
Most likely you should be able to edit domain names at your current registrar while the domain is locked.

The only thing you shouldn't be able to do is transfer the name without first removing the lock.

skregmi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
StuntPope said:

The domains are set active and they are not locked. Even then I can not change nameservers. The Godaddy account shows that the domains are not locked but whois shows that are locked (or prohibited to update).
Please HELP me. I am a newbie.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
skregmi said:
The domains are set active and they are not locked. Even then I can not change nameservers. The Godaddy account shows that the domains are not locked but whois shows that are locked (or prohibited to update).
Please HELP me. I am a newbie.
Did you try what I suggested?

Note that this is done on your computer.

skregmi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webfreak said:
Did you try what I suggested?

Note that this is done on your computer.

I did what you said. But not solved. What to do now?
Would be grateful to your help.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
try not using the bulk change, do them one by one, I have had the bulk fail at godaddy.

skregmi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
try not using the bulk change, do them one by one, I have had the bulk fail at godaddy.
I tried one by one. And I repeated twice. But each time I change the nameserver, it shows the same parking server names after a few days.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
make sure you are selecting "enter your own nameservers" , and make sure you are using the "save changes" button , and not the "add new nameservers" button.

skregmi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
make sure you are selecting "enter your own nameservers" , and make sure you are using the "save changes" button , and not the "add new nameservers" button.

Yes, I did exactly what you are saying. I am sure.
What could be the problem?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the best way would be to call Godaddy and explain ur problem, i am sure they will be abel to fix it for you

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when you pull up the nameserver change screen for the domain, does it have your new nameservers showing already in the box? if so then the change has been made and don't worry what whois says.

skregmi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No. when I pull up the nameserver change screen for the domain, it doesn't have the new nameservers showing already in the box. It shows the old parking nameservers of Godaddy (PARK23.SECURESERVER.NET and PARK24.SECURESERVER.NET).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom