Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

netsol Problem With Accessing My Account !

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Network Solutions.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Cannot access my account with the networksolutions.com
It says wrong username or password.
But I didn't change my password.
And the account was created by the snapnames.com.
I tried to reset my password but received error - form for password resetting is no onger available page after clicking password reset link.
And finaly someone from support changes my password manualy but I still cannot access my account because of wrong username/password.

Does anybody have the same problem ?

Also I cannot access my old account too.
Password reset link doesn't work too.

This is crazy !
I've just reset my password using my password security questions, entered a new password.
Few seconds later a received email from netsol with Confirmation of Change of Password .
And after entering my username and newly created password in the login form I received the same

The User ID and password you've entered do not match our records. Please confirm that the User ID corresponds with the password you've entered and try again.

WTF !??!?!?!?

Domain summit 2024

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call or send email to Support.
Actually I already called and emailed them.
Even more, I called twice and support twice resetted my password manually.
After that they called me bakc and gave the password they created.
And guess what ? It doesn't work. :)

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stay on the phone with them until it WORKS.
They said they cannot help me anymore.
They created a ticket and escalated it to tech support.
I asked to contact tech support directly but they said it is impossible.

I have about 100 domains in my account and I cannot manage them. Perfect service :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the account was created by snapnames as a result of an auction you won, you can just contact their support and they will coordinate with the registrar.
In my experience they have always been helpful in such cases.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the account was created by snapnames as a result of an auction you won, you can just contact their support and they will coordinate with the registrar.
In my experience they have always been helpful in such cases.

Morning,

The snapnames.com support told me they cannot help.
Also yesterday the snapnames.com registered another domain name for me with the networksolutions.com but I cannot access it .
They emailed me with - Domain name acquired successfully - xxxxx.com and moved it into my netsol account that I cannot access.

This is what I recevied from the snapnames.com support.
But I didn't find my location in OFAC sanctions list.

Hello,

The problem is that you are logging in form the IP address 79.171.x.x that is being denied because it is coming from a location that is on the OFAC country list. You will need to log in from a different location in order to access your account.

-Snapnames

Another strange thing I found.
I tried to register a new account with netsol and I didn't find my country in a country list in registration form.
So I choose Russian Federation instead and created a new account.
And guess what, I accessed my newly created account with no problem.

Questions to NetSol :
1. Why Ukraine was excluded from country list in registration form ?
2. When I'll be able to access my account with about 100 domains I have paid for ?

So as I understood there is no problem to get access from my IP address.
The problem is the NetSol banned whole country.
Sort of democratic help ?
WTF !?!?

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crimea is subject to sanctions, one consequence is that Visa/MC credit card networks do no longer operate there.
But sanctions are not supposed to apply on the whole of Ukraine (assuming you are not connecting from Crimea ).
It is indeed ironic that picking Russian Federation in the list helps circumvent the restriction.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crimea is subject to sanctions, one consequence is that Visa/MC credit card networks do no longer operate there.
But sanctions are not supposed to apply on the whole of Ukraine (assuming you are not connecting from Crimea ).
It is indeed ironic that picking Russian Federation in the list helps circumvent the restriction.

I'm not from Crimea.
I'm from Kharkiv.
400km from Kiev.

They blocked newly created account for Russian Federation too.

This is really crazy.
And you call it FREEDOM ???!!!

The NetSol has removed Ukraine from their country list .
So a lot of their customers from Ukraine have incorrect whois data.
I spoke with NetSol supervisor and he told me the NetSol was instructed by VeriSign to remove Ukraine according to US Law and OFAC sanctions.

So what do we have.
We have a lot of customers from Ukraine and a lot of domain names in their accounts.
But NetSol forcing them to use incorrect WHOIS data. They cannot set Ukraine in their profiles so whois data is incorrect.

But according to ICANN rules all domain names owners have to provide correct whois data.

So :
1. US govt decided to apply sanctions on some regions of Ukraine and some people.
2. VeriSgn instructed the NetSol to remove whole country from their country list.
3. According to ICANN rules all whois data have to be correct.
4. Ukrainian customers cannot set their country for whois data and their profiles.
5. At the same time according to OFAC sanctions list, the list consists of 30 records and not whole country. You can check it here - https://sdnsearch.ofac.treas.gov .

WTF !?
You are creating the rules to force people to break other rules ?
What planet are you from ?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom