Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Problem with keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny (or anyone),

I have a few generic domain names that I test different niches with. Whenever I change to a new niche, I get a few keyword categories that correlate to the new keyword seed, but I also get a LOT of old keywords that I have used in the past from different niches. For example, if i made the new keyword "Fishing boats", i will get a few related keywords to this, but a lot of old stuff like Chat, ring tones, etc...none of which have anything to do with my new seed, but all of which were once shown at this domain....but long ago. Is there a way to get rid of this "memory"? it's annoying to use the "Removed keywords" feature for almost 20 minutes straight and still not get anything that has to do with my seed.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zaan - First I have never used the remove keyword tool myself, not on a single domain. I personally think it's a waste but some people like it.

Our system is not supposed to store the learned data whenever you change the keyword on a domain, but I have sent something to the person who handles that so I won't know anything until tomorrow.

Donny

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Zaan - First I have never used the remove keyword tool myself, not on a single domain. I personally think it's a waste but some people like it.

I'm very surprised you dont use it...... The tool for me is a "must have" for domains that give broad results.

Question; Most results on a 1 click lander are relevant, but many times I'll see one or two completely irrelevant, is there anyway of removing them on my end or yours?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zaan - Changing keywords does not reset our learning system like I though it did. But those keywords would be removed over time as they are not clicked on. The other option is to tell your account manager to remove the option for a particular domain to learn from historical searches and clicks.

Raider - The reason I don't remove keywords is I look at it from the standpoint of why is a keyword on the page and see what I can do to improve the keywords that are on the page which would basically remove the "bad" keyword.

I do stand corrected though, we do own one domain that I have removed keywords from because it's one of those domains that if you look at it one way it's a TM and the other it's not a TM. So we removed any reference to the TM.

Donny

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny....do you guys have some training of some type that we can take to learn how your system works? What you just said make sense, but I had no idea keywords change over time...all of this kind of stuff would be nice to know. Also, could you check my PM?

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny....do you guys have some training of some type that we can take to learn how your system works? What you just said make sense, but I had no idea keywords change over time...all of this kind of stuff would be nice to know.

Yeah, I've had trouble with one of my domain's keywords under categories changing too quickly...and I spent a lot of time with the delete keyword tool working to get the page just right. Days later, the CTR started to substanially drop. When I checked it out - it had several irrelevant keywords in place of the ones I left.

Regardless of whether people were clicking on those particular keywords or not, it was obviously turning them off to see irrelevant results. Is there a way for the system not to replace relevant keywords with highly irrelevant ones?

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...or even better, a way for us to set up the keywords we want, in the order that we want, and bypass the system. These keywords would not change. Obviously, they would probably not go live until they were reviewed by our account manager, but this would be great until the system works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom