Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Problem with linking to Sedo portfolio in signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with linking to my portfolio in Sedo. It was pointed out to me recently, when posting on a different topic, that my signature link was resolving to names that were not mine (diamond.com, for example - need I say more?).

Although I have been able to get a new link from Sedo, this either resolves to the same page or to one which contains just a blank buyer's search box.

I have been on several times now to Sedo live chat and, while very willing to help, they have been unable to. Technical support emailed me the other evening to say that it looked like the link was going first to another page before arriving at Sedo, and asked me if I had noticed this. Since then I have heard nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, what was the solution? I do hope there is one. As an alternative I will have to set up a separate portfolio site and link to that instead.

Thanks in advance for any useful comments. :)

DNB

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Problems with this sedo portfolio link started after recent sedo website changes, probably they removed some part of code from their website and they didn't noticed that this will affect other options.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

glad you brought this up

i checked link in my sig to sedo after seeing your post and the link went to list of domains that i don't own.

seems they have changed the code to a different url, which i just updated.

you can find yours under Account Settings at sedo

Thanks

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, DNB and Don. So I'm not the only one. There's comfort in a crowd, lol. But I have updated my link several times, with the same result. I will go on in a little while and see if yet another new one will make a difference.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it has anything to do, but the forum rewrites the string 'Sedo' with a referral link - presumably Adam's.
Ditto for Godaddy. A bit irritating :)

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it has anything to do, but the forum rewrites the string 'Sedo' with a referral link - presumably Adam's.

This could be the problem. Maybe post the link and we can see what it does.

Maybe if you don't post the URL, but text linking it would work. Here is a test: Link to domain market

Update: The text link seems to avoid the "referralizing" as long as you don't use the word sedo. Maybe try that.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Katherine and Thedomainster. I must confess that I'm not too well up on techie stuff, so am not sure what is meant by 'the string sedo with a referral link,' nor what it means to text link.

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I mean is to have text that links to the URL instead of posting the URL itself.

This is a text link
This is a URL: http://www.sedo.com

To make a text link you highlight the text and click the little Link button that looks like a globe at the top, and enter the URL you want it to go to.

If you look at the word 'Sedo' in each of these posts this website makes that a link and when someone clicks on it and buys something DNF makes money as an affiliate. This could screw up your link if it has the word sedo in it. does the link work okay when you just paste it in your browser?

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I mean is to have text that links to the URL instead of posting the URL itself.

This is a text link
This is a URL: http://www.sedo.com

To make a text link you highlight the text and click the little Link button that looks like a globe at the top, and enter the URL you want it to go to.

If you look at the word 'Sedo' in each of these posts this website makes that a link and when someone clicks on it and buys something DNF makes money as an affiliate. This could screw up your link if it has the word sedo in it. does the link work okay when you just paste it in your browser?

Thanks, I think I see the difference now. But, no, I just generated a new code and clicked with the same result:

This is the link: :https://sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?showportfolio=b018692056d377a2f79c1e788f23185838cd12c5

Do you mean that having 'sedo.com' in the link above affects it on the forum? But if so, I should still be able to click through to my domains from my own document where I've saved it, shouldn't I?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

I always write Sedο and GοDaddy with a Greek omicron :D

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

martinrussell

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Martin, Katherine, Theo, everyone who responded. Yes, fingers crossed. :)

I've set up my new signature now, and it's not working for me. Is it for anyone else?

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Martin, Katherine, Theo, everyone who responded. Yes, fingers crossed. :)

I've set up my new signature now, and it's not working for me. Is it for anyone else?

if you own "nunty com" then your link is working.

the forum (dnf) had nothing to do with your link or mine, it was sedo who substituted the "users id" in the url to a "code string of characters", that linked to a users portfolio

i'll slap them for that! :)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you own "nunty com" then your link is working.

the forum (dnf) had nothing to do with your link or mine, it was sedo who substituted the "users id" in the url to a "code string of characters", that linked to a users portfolio

i'll slap them for that! :)

I do own nunty.com, Don, though there are better ones for your eye to have happened on.

So it was down to Sedo all along? Naughty Sedo! Will they do it again, do you think? :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just don't go to Sedο dot me folks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom