Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Problem with mydomain.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sachd

I am using mydomain.com to forward domain name book-shop.org to a vstore.com affiliate store.

A query on altavista http://www.altavista.com/sites/search/web?q=book-shop.org&pg=q&avkw=tgz&kl=XX shows the description attached with this domain as follows:

"Enter Here. | Domain Name Registration and Domain Name Forwarding by MyDomain.com - Register your domain name"

It seems that mydomain.com is using frames to forward book-shop.org to my specified vstore.com URL and in the process adding its advertisement/link in the search engine.

Needless to say that I have to get rid of this description before I start building reciprocal links for this site to improve position in search engine. Also I don't want to use paid inclusion service of altavista now as my URL is already indexed once in altavista.

One alternative seems to be using a doorway page to reach vstore.com page but I don't want to use that either.

Can someone suggest any forwarding service paid or free (free will be better), which does not use frames to add their advertisement in my site.

My existing registrar (i.e. dotregistrar.com) too displays a big visible advertisement at the bottom of my page so it is also useless.

Thanks in advance for reading this long post.

M

mole

Originally posted by sachd
Can someone suggest any forwarding service paid or free (free will be better), which does not use frames to add their advertisement in my site.

My existing registrar (i.e. dotregistrar.com) too displays a big visible advertisement at the bottom of my page so it is also useless.

Transfer your name to eNom immediately and use their free frame redirect in the control panel. Ditch the mydomain.com DNS. You will still have to use frames to keep your URL up on the address bar.

Marty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, in eNom frames you can use metatags, which helps with your search engine issue.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are two options with mydomain.

1) Stealth Forwarding. The is a frame version, that allows you to set the keywords and discription for the site. (up to 300 words each) for search engines. They also echo the discription in the body for those browsers that do not support frames. Take a look at www.inbusiness.tv and view source. The link at the end visible only with old browsers is a very small price to pay for a free excellent service.

2) Regular forwarding this does not involve frames and the forwarded to site is indexed by the search engines. You can set the keywords in your vstore site.

I have used my domain for well over two year with excellent service for FREE.

If you want another service without changing registars I sugget ZoneEdit This one is free for the first 5 domains. I have also used both thier free and paid service with excellent results.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marty
Also, in eNom frames you can use metatags, which helps with your search engine issue.
The frame part doesn't really help with the search engine bit. Can you edit the page?

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.......

S

sachd

Originally posted by Nic
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.......

Nic,
I have no problem with the reliability/quality of mydomain.com service but there is no harm in looking for an even better alternative.

Originally posted by FineE
If you want another service without changing registars I sugget ZoneEdit This one is free for the first 5 domains. I have also used both thier free and paid service with excellent results.
FineE,
Since you are an experienced zoneEdit customer, can you tell me if they also use frames for Stealth forwarding or are they using any other method (that may be more transparent to search engines)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom