Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Problem with Sedo offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you ever experienced a situation where, upon you the owner countering an offer, the previous counter offer is repeated twice rather than being raised even a small amount? No message accompanies the 'new' offers. Is this a fault with Sedo, a non-genuine offer or just an unusual idea of negotiation? The original offer was raised once before this pattern began.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you ever experienced a situation where, upon you the owner countering an offer, the previous counter offer is repeated twice rather than being raised even a small amount? No message accompanies the 'new' offers. Is this a fault with Sedo, a non-genuine offer or just an unusual idea of negotiation? The original offer was raised once before this pattern began.

This happens all the time. The buyer does not want to go any higher so they put in the same offer. Sedo's system allows them to go lower as well.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happens all the time. The buyer does not want to go any higher so they put in the same offer. Sedo's system allows them to go lower as well.

Ah, thank you. That explains it. A little comment accompanying the 'new' counter offer might be helpful, though. So there's not much point in my lowering my price further, then. It's accept or nothing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can send it to auction as well, at this point.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can send it to auction as well, at this point.

or you can say "Thanks for your interest and Good Luck with your search?

but only after you've raised the price back to either the original amount or higher amount.

why?

check the history on your names with offers

the same thing that happen to you, happened again to me over the weekend

got an offer and i countered with slightly lower amount.

they came back with same price and the comment "this is my final offer"

so, i put the orignal price back and sent above message as my counter to their counter.

if they walk, walk on....

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that input, Don. I must say I wasn't aware that someone making an offer could keep sticking at the same amount, or even go lower. Neither was I aware that the owner could put the price back up in counter-offering. I've obviously still got plenty to learn (not that I thought otherwise). :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When I get this kind of offer:

Them: $60
Me: $5000
Them: $80

I put in a nice round $1,000,000 and they cancel away :D

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's an update for anyone interested. I was correct in my instinct that something was wrong about the 'buyer.' He defaulted almost right away, contacting Sedo to say he'd changed his mind. They responded that the contract was sound as the negotiation had gone through several steps. As I'm Irish, I can't help wishing 'bad cess to him!' Not that something terrible will happen to him, but just that he gets a taste of his own medicine. Soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom