Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

problems accessing enom based sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few domains at enom and for the past 24 hours i cannot access them from home.

My internet account at work works just fine but from home i get specified server not found.

anyone know where the problem may reside?

i'm using my own nameservers on some and enoms nameservers on the other.

both enom and my isp (telewest blueyonder b.t.w in case any uk people are having similiar problems) are not reporting any errors or scheduled maintenance?

any help/pointers would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Ciq

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If it's only in the UK it's an ISP problem, It needs a refreash. This is a rare thing, but many larger hosts know of it. What happens is that some hosts can not be accessed from specific countries. It can last for days/weeks.

I might be wrong, so if you can post an example site it might help to see if it's a country specific problem.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hiphopdvds.com

but i can access from work so i think it might be an isp problem but i thought perhaps the problem lay with enom instead.

b.t.w hiphopdvds.com is taking off people i'm still looking for link/image swaps. (in the past 30 hours it's got over 300 uniques and is a brand new site)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First you need to find out if it's your host, or the registrar. Here are some troubleshooting tips:

Try ALL the domains from your home. If they don't work, try them from a proxy like anonymizer.com. If they show up there, but not at home, your ISP DNS computers are likely the problem, since they probalby use a different DNS server.

Next, try setting the DNS in your home computer TCP/IP settings tothe same DNS servers for your domains (reboot probably required). If they work, the problem is NOT the registrar DNS settings.

If any DNS changes were made in the last 72 hours, it could be your it has not propagated yet. It can take from immediately to several days to take effect.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom