Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Problems at Namescout

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had a number of minor continous battles with Namescout/Pool for the
past 3 months.

But, I have noticed in the past 30 days they have gotten really bad.

If you notice with them, they are selective in answering their emails.
If it is easy, they answer you in a day.

If it is a difficult problem, it requires you to send the same email a couple times.
And, then they say, "we didn't receive the first one." ???
Eventhough, I received their automatic notification of the email.

They are also making it difficult to transfer your names out.

I think they are trying to capture names so they can auction them off like
Network Solutions.

There are a number of other problems I have noticed with them.
But, I can not confirm it. So, I will wait and see.

I am not sure if they are having "management meltdown"?
Or, they are getting desperate. So, they need to capture
all of the revenue they can.

But, there is a major underlining problem.

I guess Mole, Juniper, Clem and others were correct in their opinion that
Namescout/Pool is acting unethically.

I just didn't want to believe it.

So, I am transferring all of my names out of there before they get me
"big time".

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
.............So, I am transferring all of my names out of there before they get me "big time".

Good luck trying to transfer away from Namescout. I have 3 names been trying real hard to transfer outta there for the past 3 mos. First it was tough to get the needed transfer auth codes, next the codes they gave me failed. I got new auth codes several more times and every time the transfer was rejected marked incorrect auth codes, over and over. Now the names are too close to exp to renew so will be forced to renew there and pay their very costly $25/yr renewal fee. What BS. Too bad some firms can pull ths crap on us.

P.S. This makes me really appreciate firms like GoDaddy and Enom where the Transfer Auth Codes are right there on the webpage to copy and paste into your transfer away window. Very few firms make the transfer auth codes so easy to get but they all should be required to do so. Of course com and net do not need transfer codes so they are usually easy to transfer.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Richard - Try writing Taryn at Pool - [email protected] - He has always been very helpful to us when we run in to these problems. He also has some pull, I think, at NameScout so he may be able to help there as well. Might help? Steve

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Steve.

I really think there is something going on there. That we don't know about.
Which, is affecting their business practices.

Duke, there are still 2 names I have not gotten control of from the batch
of 25 I bought last May. (I know you bought the same amount and had the same
problem.)
Every week for months they promise to get it resolved that day. But, nothing.
I just checked. One was just updated today - 2SG.com
But, the other one 2AH.com is still in Pool's name.

This is the small stuff. You should hear about the big stuff!!!

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All these drop services sure do have their problems. It seems like such a easy process to grab a domain name with what ever partner they have and send login details the same day... and bank the cash. The concept is so simple. The execution seems impossible to some of these companies. One think I have seen is "the greasy wheel gets the oil" - or the one that screams the loudest gets results when these problems arise with all of these companies. Real shame it has to work that way as it must effect their bottoms lines a great deal when customers give up with lthe ack of customer support and quit doing business with them - Good luck Richard - Steve

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My experience with Namescout has been good and the people there responsive. The world is simply too small for registrars to play games with renewals and transfers and get away with it for long. In my limited experience, problems are often the cause of people not communicating or not communicating well enough. A friend of mine recently told me he had a problem with a well known registrar and I asked him if he had called the registrar's phone line to discuss. My friend said he had not called because he did not want to spend the money on a 20 minute long distance call. I didn't say this to him and he doesn't come here so I think I can safely say that if you don't want to spend the money on a 20 minute long distance call, the domain business is probably not for you; or your names are probably not good enough to warrant a 20 minute call in which case , again, the domain business is probably not for you.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chaiki said:
My experience with Namescout has been good and the people there responsive.

Do you mind paying $25/yr? Since in effect I am being forced to renew there (due to it being next to impossible to get valid transfer auth cides), is there any way to get a better price?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, all this talk has made me want to move my domains out of there. (and of course the ridiculous price)
I dont have many there, maybe about 80.

Some of them expire in 30-40 days.
Given that many have problems, what are the chances that I can move them out of there within this time period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom