Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Problems w/ Sedo's domain sales, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received an email offer via Sedo's parking service to purchase a domain name I own, interested, I went to the link. I filled in a counter offer price and in the comment section I entered; that the domain came with a Registered US Trademark, a shell Texas Corporation and 4 more domain names used in support of the main domain. Kind of important information, I thought.

I then received an email reply from Sedo explaining that they submitted my counter offer minus the comment, their explanation was that I added my name to the comment and they could not submit the comment with my name.

I replied, no problem, my mistake, just delete my name from the comment and, re-submit the comment.

Sedo replied back, with a rude email containig information on how to delete the domain name from my account.

I thought wow, they did not even try to understand the situation.

I replied back that there was a communication problem and suggested they pay closer attention to their customers concerns and maybe take an active role in the sale of a name.

Get this-

I got a nasty reply back from Sedo, "everything is automated, not in our control", that "Sedo does not interfere with a sale" however, "Sedo will interfere with a sale if the name is of exceptional quality, earns substantial parking revenue, has been evaluated by Sedo at $30,000 or more and the owner has signed an exclusivity contract with us".

Wow, what a condescending slap in the face.

Furthermore, the advertisements I receive from Sedo paint a different picture of the domain sales service program offered from what the reality is.
Sedo's domain name sales system seems to be nothing more than a bulletin board service pretending to be sales system, and they want 10%? they must be smoking crack, 10% for what?, if you're going to sell the name I will gladly pay 10%, but to be insulted and pay for it and not have my reasonable requests honored. Even three days latter, my original comment still has not been entered. Maybe for 25% they can kick me in the groin .

Anyone else have issues with Sedo's domain name bulletine board sales service?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo doesn't list popular trademarked domains in their system, if the trademark string comes up within the domain it will not let you add it in the first place, i guess she got mad at you for that? they have some of the well known trademarks in europe banned within the system such as ferrari, nokia, etc. but i doubt they have all the us trademarks and such banned within their system as well.. i guess once you mentioned trademark she got a little upset huh?

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

The comment check is automated, as I have already pointed out to you.
Personal names are one of the things that are not allowed through on a comment.
Once a comment is refused by the system, you should re-enter it with an offer if you want it to appear.
As the system is automated, a CS representative is not in a position to "just delete (a) name from the comment and, re-submit the comment".
This is standard procedure and is not dependent on the value of your domain name. We regret that you are unhappy with the system but all comments must be checked in order to maintain a fraud-free and secure Sedo marketplace.
All comments pertaining to all domain sales made over the bidding system are subject to the check.

Regarding the sale of your domain - you have listed your domain for sale using Sedo's trading platform.
You seem to have misunderstood the nature of Sedo's service - we provide the platform and the owner sells the name.
It is a little bit like Ebay - the owner sells the domain or item, and Sedo, like Ebay, facilitates a trading platform, but does not actively sell on the seller's behalf.
In certain circumstances, we do offer an exclusive brokerage service.
This service is primarily directed to domain owners offering a domain of substantial value at Sedo, if the domain is parked with Sedo and generating excellent traffic and the domain has been evaluated by Sedo at a medium to high five-figure value.
A 10% commission fee is applicable in the event of an exclusive brokerage contract being signed.
However, if a Sedo member is using the Sedo bidding system, only the usual fees apply; details of which can be found on our homepage.
I regret that there was a misunderstanding and wish you every success with your domain name.

Kind regards,
Nora Cotter
[email protected]

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the comment check is automated, then why does it take 1 working day to appear?
Is the script taking a bread during weekends?

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello again,

The check is initiated by a Sedo team member but then runs automatically, ie. checks, deletes, filters the comments automatically.
Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just don't get it. A week later and no comment has beeen entered as I requested. So Sedo is saying that a customer error can not be corrected, entering a comment is a one shot deal and no common sense can be used. Sedo has a very intertesting concept of customer care.
Where I come from, customer service would be more than happy to help a customer correct the situation and work with the customer to grant their reasonable request so that the customer is satisfied. Maybe Sedo should look up the term "teamwork".
Keep up the good work Sedo and good luck with your business model.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it seems Sedo really has some internal problems, the original counter offer I submitted in which my comment was declined had expired. Sedo sent me an email advising me to submit a new counter offer. I followed there supplied link and submitted a new counter offer and a comment that did not include my name. After more then 24 hours passed, I checked the bulletin board and it had not been updated. I sent an inquiring email to Sedo for an explanation. I got a reply back that the buyer was reviewing my counter offer. Well I wondered why if their system is "automated" why is the bulliten board not updated. so I sent another email for an explanation. Get this- The email reply I received said "I included my name in the comment section and therefore the comment could not be submitted", they are referring to the original counter offer, not the most recent. Again, Sedo paid no attention to the details, the just quickly went through the motions of customer service. This is what I call "Symbolism over Substance", they talk a good game but Sedo can not produce. After my experince with Sedo, I would have to advise anyone considering using Sedo for domain name sales, to stay clear. Do not use Sedo. Not only dot hey take more holidays and days off then any company I know of. They have no real customer service. Moreover, they could care less about their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators