Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Problems with Parked.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

Hey Donny.....apparently a couple of days ago Parked purged all the main xml cached data to bring it up to date and this caused a backlog of the system generating the xml via api. I thought it would be cleared up by now but I'm still seeing problems with my names. Can you tell me when we will be back to normal?

Is anyone else seeing problems or am I the only one?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Our system is fairly simple we keep a cache of the way a domain looks and all of the keywords on the domain and every few days based on the volume of traffic that you receive with purge the domains. This is normally done in small chunks.

Yesterday due to some pending improvements we decided to purge all of the US traffic domains. This required us to regenerate all of the domains on the fly. This shouldn't have affected anybody except that in some cases the first time a domain was hit it may not have looked exactly like it did before we purged it. But within 10-20 seconds it would look like it did before.

This process lasted for about 2 hours and after that all domains were being generated on the fly like they always have been.

If you are seeing something that is not right, please let me know and I will take a look at it myself.

Donny

H

H2FC

Donny, what I'm seeing is ALL of my domains I've checked so far have the words "meanwhile.com/?domain=" in the url box before the domain name.

I've also noticed that many do not have the one page click like they did before the purge.

Is this normal or shouldn't this all be cleared up by now? Will the one page click be restored to the domains that had it before?

Thanks for your help....Bill

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Donny,

could you please undue one of the improvements your people did yesterday ?

not able to move domains from one portfolio to the other !
(i always liked this feature)

goto: portfolios ---> select portfolio ---> select domain ----> scroll down ----> select portfolio to move to ----> ( notice the error message on the status bar of the explorer) ----> click perform selected option ----> nothing happens.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wolfis - This has been resolved. This was caused by us adding something else.

Thanks for the heads up.

Donny

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes,
what is up with this meanwhile.com?

Donny, what I'm seeing is ALL of my domains I've checked so far have the words "meanwhile.com/?domain=" in the url box before the domain name.

I've also noticed that many do not have the one page click like they did before the purge.

Is this normal or shouldn't this all be cleared up by now? Will the one page click be restored to the domains that had it before?

Thanks for your help....Bill

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
meanwhile is the ask.com feed, whoever visits the domain from a location Yahoo does not monetize, sees the meanwhile landing page

redcalx

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny,

What are the other reasons some names get monetised via the ask feed ? The reason I ask is when I view some of my names from the UK I get the meanwhile.com redirect.

thanks

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
meanwhile is the ask.com feed, whoever visits the domain from a location Yahoo does not monetize, sees the meanwhile landing page

this question was answered right above your post..or it could be due to typo names as well that yahoo does not monetize

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom