Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

problems with paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are others having problems with paypal. Of the accounts I know its only happened to one, but heres whats happening. Starting Friday all atm charges were getting double charged. Like if you took out $50, $53 say after fees your account would show $106 out. They fixed it friday night. Then they had to fix it again Sat. morning, I was on the phone with them for 70 minutes, of which less than 5 was spent talking to people.

Since that time money has been getting credited back to me and pulled away from me. For almost a week now I don't know what my balance is. It happened again and phone support was just rude, but I will admit I was less than a great person to have called. My main points were exactly when will this be fixed, when will my balance be correct? Their response is always it is fixed and it is correct. After a week of hearing this and seeing different I can't believe. And they keep saying these things happen. No these things don't happen. I think I recall one banking error and one brokerage error in over 25 years. A week of errors and new ones every day is just insane.

when was the last time you were on hold for an hour? And I hate when "customer service" tries so play it off litely and does seem sorry for the problem. In many years in retail I was always taught to at least pretend to feel bad, even if its their fault.

Just wondering how wide spread this problem is. Just wondering if your responses and response time was better than mine. Guy told me debit and credit cards are the same yesterday. I understand they are processed the same way mostly, that is an absolutely a silly statement.

Anyway I hate that paypal is a must in this business. They were telling me complete lies yesterday and dang it makes me made. Considering they are my "bank", I know how they process things. Has this happened to others? I cant imagine how much money I have given them over the last 5 years. If this was my bank the account would be closed today, but being paypal I have no choice but to just take it. Most be nice to be the only game in town.

Domain Days 2024

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PayPal is a quagmire of inefficiency and ineptitude in my opinion. Take a look over at paypalsucks.com and you'll find a few (understatement intended) similar stories. As I remarked earlier today in another post, they are almost a total liablity for 'intangible' purchases like domain names. I only use them now for eBay, and I stay away from that as best I can. There's an incestuous relationship if I ever saw one.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well I know they have their problems. All businesses will, but the past few days have been silly. There is really little other choice. They are pretty good, but when something goes wrong they should say "sorry". I hate that there is paypal and well thats it. Can you say monopoly? (can I spell it? lol) If you dont take paypal you aren't in this business. I can go to new bank, I cant to new online payment system without my business taking a nose dive.

there will be a new system soon.... or paypal will only be worse. Like I could tell them to take a leap.....

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personal experience with paypal, not good, i am sure almost every user they have, they have dissappointed in one way or another, if not many ways at once, but there is no real competition for them, so they dont really care because they know thier users cant do much about it. Paypal needs competition, real competition.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the problem is...we can complain and b*tch all we want - I think each and everyone one of us has been screwed by them before - but without any serious competition, we are stuck with them for now :-(

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep stuck. Least my balance didn't change from them for one day straight.....

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard google is making a payment processor called Google Wallet, but all I know about it so far is the name.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nts said:
I heard google is making a payment processor called Google Wallet, but all I know about it so far is the name.
they said it wont be the same as paypal, no internal pushing of money through the accounts if i remember correctly.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
welp my balance changed again for another credit. This problem has become insane and is now over a week old. I never know what my balance is any more.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how about the ridiculous fees they charge?
I get charged 30 $ for $500 transactions from a paypal balance account!!!
That means no credit card was used by the other person, yet I still got hit with $30, for what!???

on larger transactions its a nightmare, but I stick with escrow or other forms of payment there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom