Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Product/Services fan sites? thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I have a couple of domains that have the name of a particular product or service in them... Obviously these could be considered TM violations, however, I have owned them for quite some time and have never had a complaint or inquiry from a lawyer, etc...

I have always had plans to develop these names and I am now in a position to get started. One name is really starting to get traffic, 400 uniques yesterday... I am really eager to develop now, these names are parked and get clicks, but we all know how little, ppc revenue can be...

One of the names in particular involves the same product that was the focus of a website that was sold recently. This is encouraging to me because the company that owns the TM was ok with it, they realize that it actually helped them sell products...

So I guess my question is do most domainers think that it is a good idea to develop names like this into product/services fan sites/blogs/forums etc? I would think that this would be viewed in a better light than parking, as the site would try to actually push the product/service and I would ensure that the product/service would always be viewed favourably...

thoughts? opinions?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom