Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Professional sports and the .info

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was curious on your opinion on the value of each of the following popular pro sports in the dot info extension. Most of these names were $XXXX plus 3-4 years ago, so keep that in mind. This not a pro or anti dot info thread rather opinions on value in todays market.

Basketball .info
Baseball .info
Boxing .info
Football .info
Golf .info
Hockey .info
Soccer .info
Tennis .info

Overture shows all of the above names w/o ext are in the low to mid XXXXXX .

Some developed, some not. All looking for or have sold for big money in the dot com. Opinions please :becky:

P.S. , just curious.

Domain Days 2024

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO, all are easily worth 5 figures; wait another 3-4 years and they might well be even in 6 figures..!!

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great domains. All worth mid to high $x,xxx

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they're put up for sale with asking pricee in mid 4 figures, even on any of the forums, they'd be gone before one could blink....

I agree, I dont think he realizes these were the prices and higher over 3 years ago :bump2:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am really starting to like this " DryHeat " :tounge_smile:

I also feel they are all $XXXXX names just where about's was what I was looking for...

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also feel they are all $XXXXX names just where about's was what I was looking for...
Its always bit tricky pinning down the end-user prices for high profile domains like these since it always depend on the seller and buyer's circumstances and frame of mind when they enter the negotiations. Overall I'd agree with the valuation above that as a package they're probably somewhere between $200K and $400K at this point in time.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So assuming all names are equal that is $25K a piece on average . And up to $50K a piece to a very motivated end user. So reseller could be anything under the $25K a piece. Sounds about right for a major sport.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So assuming all names are equal that is $25K a piece on average . And up to $50K a piece to a very motivated end user. So reseller could be anything under the $25K a piece. Sounds about right for a major sport.
Yes...but look at it like this: NewYork.info recently was re-sold and again bought (for over $40K) by an investor/reseller who is now asking $4M (for NewYork.info + Manhattan.info)... http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=184523 Now even if we assume that this asking price is too optimistic, its quite likely thet NewYork.info can easily be re-sold for over $100k in a year or so. Where else would you find that kind of ROI?

So, getting back to the thread, if I had any of these sports names, I'd never sell them for $25K or even $50K....I'd sit on them as long as I feel that every year their price is appreciating better than 20% unless I really needed the money or someone came along and made a very attractive offer; i.e. 2-3 times their current market value....above $100K in today's market.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help DH, I wonder if Arizona has given you a dry sense of humor too. Oh man I crack myself up :hurt:

:rapture:

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes...but look at it like this: NewYork.info recently was re-sold and again bought (for over $40K) by an investor/reseller who is now asking $4M (for NewYork.info + Manhattan.info)... http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=184523 Now even if we assume that this asking price is too optimistic, its quite likely thet NewYork.info can easily be re-sold for over $100k in a year or so. Where else would you find that kind of ROI?

So, getting back to the thread, if I had any of these sports names, I'd never sell them for $25K or even $50K....I'd sit on them as long as I feel that every year their price is appreciating better than 20% unless I really needed the money or someone came along and made a very attractive offer; i.e. 2-3 times their current market value....above $100K in today's market.

Yes, but that's taking into account that you think NewYork.info was a good deal at $40k. I personally would never pay that price for it. Not strictly because it's a .info but partly for that reason. Unless .info gets a huge raise in user recognition...then it could be any domain ending. What about NewYork.us? I would much rather have that domain ending if users aren't sure. Of course .com will always be king just because of how the Internet's history came to be. So NewYork.info is a bit inflated I believe at this point.

As for the domains listed in this thread, that's much different. As a package they would be worth a ton of money $500k - $1M+. Seperately they would still be worth $10k+ each depending on the sport and the buyer but at this point that's all I would give for them.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like .info's that much, but I would definitely buy those if given the chance. :)

I'd say they are worth low to mid $xx,xxx each, and even more as a package. Too bad the same person doesn't own them all right now though. That would be an insane collection to own. :-D

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Selling one's soul for knowledge (.info) is much worthier than doing so for commerce (.com)....:greenwink: :greenwink:

I resemble that remark. (Sorry, could not resist).

And, LegendaryJP, remarkable names.

-Commerce

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom