Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

promoting external sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

NigelUK

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I joined dnforum a while back but haven't made many posts. A bit of advice please. Today I listed a nice domain under the fixed price over $100 but a little while later I got a message saying my post had been deleted due to "promoting external sales". The domain was for sale at a fixed price via Sedo and I posted the sedo link. Does it constitute an "external sale" to use an escrow service such as Sedo to sell your domain? I can't see how this could possibly be detrimental to any buyer as we are paying the escrow fee and thus giving them added protection. I joined dnforum to assist us in selling domains. If our posts are going to be deleted because we like to sell via Sedo it seems a little unfair.

Many thanks

Nigel

NigelUK

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi South,

Thanks for reply. My sale isn't an auction. The domain was a fixed price of £1250 GBP and buyer simply needed to click the 'buy now' button on the link to buy the domain. The section you refer to seems to be only concerned with auctions.

Kind regards,

Nigel

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi South,

Thanks for reply. My sale isn't an auction. The domain was a fixed price of £1250 GBP and buyer simply needed to click the 'buy now' button on the link to buy the domain. The section you refer to seems to be only concerned with auctions.

Kind regards,

Nigel

I don't believe there is a section for that. I'm sure the mods will address it for you. But think about it. If everyone here was allowed to list all of their names that they had listed at sedo & everywhere else, there would be hundreds of thousands of posts in that section, and if anyone wants to go see what domains are available at sedo to buy, they just go to sedo :)

If you really want to promote the domain here though, and insist on selling it through sedo, you might consider putting it in your signature.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there is a section for that. I'm sure the mods will address it for you. But think about it. If everyone here was allowed to list all of their names that they had listed at sedo & everywhere else, there would be hundreds of thousands of posts in that section, and if anyone wants to go see what domains are available at sedo to buy, they just go to sedo :)

If you really want to promote the domain here though, and insist on selling it through sedo, you might consider putting it in your signature.

Hi

member "south" is basically correct

we don't permit external links in ANY of the Platinum Sales sections, except those designated for that purpose.

if you want to sell a domain here and have the transaction go thru sedo, then AFTER you get an offer to buy, you can ask that person to place the bid on sedo to complete the deal.

this should be done via pm, but you could add a footnote to the bottom of your post that the transaction/transfer of the domain will take place thru sedo escrow.

Thanks

NigelUK

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi South,

Thanks again for your response. I still don't see a problem in what we did. We do have a lot of domains for sale on Sedo on a 'make offer' basis. But this particular domain hadn't been up for sale for a very long time and I decided to offer at an attractive fixed price. What difference does it make if we use Sedo for escrow or if the buyer pays by paypal or wire transfer direct? In fact I would say that Sedo gives greater protection and we were paying the fee. You read so many stories about people being scammed - you would think that buyers (and the mods) would be happy that we were offering the chance to buy with escrow thrown in for free. We weren't looking to inundate the forum with Sedo sales - the fact that we are restricted, in any event, to one post per 24 hours stops this. I still think dnforum's response to delete the thread was unfair and it simply means that dnforum members miss out in future as we will only advertise our domains in the UK forums.

Thanks

Nigel

not sure about putting the domain in our signature - I don't think it will take long to sell in any event

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi South,

Thanks again for your response. I still don't see a problem in what we did. We do have a lot of domains for sale on Sedo on a 'make offer' basis. But this particular domain hadn't been up for sale for a very long time and I decided to offer at an attractive fixed price. What difference does it make if we use Sedo for escrow or if the buyer pays by paypal or wire transfer direct? In fact I would say that Sedo gives greater protection and we were paying the fee. You read so many stories about people being scammed - you would think that buyers (and the mods) would be happy that we were offering the chance to buy with escrow thrown in for free. We weren't looking to inundate the forum with Sedo sales - the fact that we are restricted, in any event, to one post per 24 hours stops this. I still think dnforum's response to delete the thread was unfair and it simply means that dnforum members miss out in future as we will only advertise our domains in the UK forums.

Thanks

Nigel

not sure about putting the domain in our signature - I don't think it will take long to sell in any event

Sorry Nigel, I am not in charge here. Was just trying to point you in the right direction :)

Please see biggedon's post above your last one.

NigelUK

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks biggedon for clarifying things

Seems a long winded way of selling a fixed price domain when the buyer could simply click on our 'buy now' link. But thanks anyway

Kind regards,

Nigel

nparkin0

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get what NigelUK is saying in that Sedo Escrow should be a valid form of payment which would in most cases require a link to the Sedo page. This would be just like listing Escrow.com and Paypal as payment methods.

This would only work however if the offer is a fixed price like NigelUK said however problems would arise where sellers send the doamin to auction despite saying that it is a fixed price.

Just my opinions anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom