Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Proper names more effective on the Internet for marketing than generic names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Any sense in this press release?

RedX.com is a short and proper domain name available for Internet branding. Proper names have been more effective on the Internet for marketing than generic or common names.

(PRWEB) November 6, 2005 -- The four letter domain name, RedX.Com, is now for sale. This is not an auction: SEDO’s model is an offer-counteroffer process. This means that you negotiate directly with the domain’s owner until you both agree on a price, giving you precise control over how much you pay.

“REDX DOT COM is a great domain name. It is a proper, simple, short, powerful, brandable, and memorable domain name for a wide range of applications. It brings to mind the universal icon represented by a red letter X," said Federico Iglesias.

“On the Internet a proper name is more important for brand building than a generic or common name. For example, the leading auction site on the Net is not Auction.com, it is eBay.com,” said Iglesias, Global Brands consultant who originally registered the domain in 1999 to launch Project RedX.

The domain name is one of the critical factors in the success of any online endeavor. It is the equivalent of a store name and location all rolled into one. A good domain name contributes directly to the bottom line through traffic generation (type-in and search engine) and improved brand image (better conversion to sales due to increased credibility). Acquiring a premium domain name is an investment, it becomes an asset.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/11/prweb306668.htm

Domain Days 2024

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing about *proper* and/or *brandable* names is that for the most part potential buyers have a pretty broad lattitude in going for almost anything including hand-regging a *cool brandable* name themselves...so the need to pay premium price is way less than with high-demand generics.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"shh....you had me at hello."

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RedX would be just a GREAT name for an image hosting service...

*pulls out pocketbook*

Wait a minute..

*puts pocketbook back in pocket*

Actually it's a great domain to be honest. I actually went to it a few months ago out of curiosoty. I think they will make a good profit on it. :)

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overall, I agree with the premise of the article. What I like about brandable names is that the more unique words or word combinations can be much more memorable. But it's kind of like art, where just the right thing will appeal to that one special buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom