Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ProSports.com sells for $75k on Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been watching this domain for a long time. Looks like it has finally sold:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861558345

I was a little leary about the 'User ID kept private' but it was purchased with a 'buy it now', and the whois changed along with page.

Looks like a legit one for dnjournal.com......

Domain Days 2024

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought I seen this domain owned by a user here in the chatroom a couple of times.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think there was some controversy over it

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dimva.

I would venture to guess, to the right person, that $350k pricetag could be very well worth it. I kinda thought $75k was a little low.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. I think 75k is low for that domain.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
75k in my eyes for a domain name that makes no revenue, and is not a one word dicionary domain is over priced.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Limit$ said:
75k in my eyes for a domain name that makes no revenue, and is not a one word dicionary domain is over priced.

900 OVT w/e means it is probably getting a lot of traffic and is definitely making revenue. Also, I remember some controversy as well over the user with DNFourm too, but not on the name.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i agree with limit$, what do you do with prosports.com? Not a great brandable name imo

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a purely statistical basis; I guess you could say that.

However, you could say the same thing about thousands of other websites that have sold for much more than this.

Generic domains (more than ever) are starting to take notice, and rake in the big dough. Traffic and revenue comes and goes, but generic domains like this one are few and far between.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the overture score was probably influenced by domainers or the owner - prosports only has an overture of 300, not sure how prosports.com has an overture of 900.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree with limit$, what do you do with prosports.com? Not a great brandable name imo

I respectfully disagree with you on this one. There are SO many developmental opportunities for this one. A Hub for sports, forums, articles, news, blogs, video clips, game highlights, fantasy sports, (the list goes on). I would say that this domain has nearly unlimited possibilities.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
I respectfully disagree with you on this one. There are SO many developmental opportunities for this one. A Hub for sports, forums, articles, news, blogs, video clips, game highlights, fantasy sports, (the list goes on). I would say that this domain has nearly unlimited possibilities.

agree.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear you guys, and the more I think about it the more I agree there is more potential. I guess I just don't personally love the name.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will probably just develop the .net, some guy offered me $40 for it lmao

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gmac17 said:
the overture score was probably influenced by domainers or the owner - prosports only has an overture of 300, not sure how prosports.com has an overture of 900.

u know how? because prosportsdaily.com has 7588!

in addition 'pro sports' (as two words separated by space) has many thousands in overture, and over 7 million in google.

gmac17 said:
I hear you guys, and the more I think about it the more I agree there is more potential. I guess I just don't personally love the name.

u can't go with your subjective feelings at all. when i first got into domains i personally loved all these cool/intellectual sounding names like 'appliedsemantics.com' and what have u, but then i quickly realized that those ugly dumbed down names that i wouldn't pay five bucks for, like 'paintpro.com' and 'mattresgiant.com', get all the dough in the 'marketplace' :-D

'prosports' is a great american catchphrase in the pro sport obsessed society.. i could easily see it being owned by the biggest like espn or fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom