Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ProTrada - any feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Saw ProTrada and signed up. Seems kind of buggy to me or do I need something other than Firefox? What the heck does assessing mean? Uploaded a bunch of my portfolio just to play around and it seems like it takes forever to "assess" or whatever they do with the names. What I really wanted to see was how the site building features work and how good they are.

Support emailed me wondering if I had any questions, and pushing for me to link my external accounts, but I'm just not in any hurry to give that level of access if I'm not going to use it. Seems like the pricing has moved all over the place in the last few months too. Tried to get a coupon or something from support so I could try the site building feature (all I really wanted anyway), but they wouldn't oblige me.

Anyway, doubt I am going to drop $20-$50 just to try something out. What have your experiences been with it. Seems very quiet since December when Adam had the 24 hour special (that I missed of course). Anybody using them fully and spending the $49/ month for all the extras?

Any site examples from members here?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There has been a number of products or services promoted a lot here (sometimes even in partnership with DNF) in the past with great fanfare and heavy publicity but it seems most all of them soon fade-away and you don't hear much about it again, which always gets me wondering why or what happened?

Team Protrada

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Inforg,
We appreciate you trying out Protrada.

At the moment, we have a a large volume of domains being submitted for assessment as we have just recently implemented this new process and there is a lot of excitement surrounding the Semantic site-building engine. Our assessment process takes place as our semantic website building engine evaluates domains on the basis of keywords and available content to determine whether they are suitable for development.
The websites that are built feature quality rich content and are Search Engine Optimized. The resulting sites are as close as it comes to man-made custom built sites. If you would like to preview what a few of our new sites look like you can check out:
ohioflights.com
popmusicartists.net
accidentslawyers.org
premiershipnews.com

Protrada is actually FREE to use. We offer three types of memberships: Lite, Plus, or Pro. The Lite membership is free and never expires. You can purchase credits for the features you want to use, and pay as you go. The Plus membership is $49/month and gives access to all features on the site as well as 50 credits per month for developing domains. The Pro membership is $450/year and comes with full access to all features and 600 credits per year for domain development.

Lastly, our support team does everything possible to make sure that your experience with Protrada is easy and enjoyable. The intention is not to be pushy, but rather to inform users of the options available to them on Protrada.com. The Protrada support team is always standing by to give you personalized attention and troubleshooting if you encounter any problems.
We appreciate all feedback and are constantly working to improve based on the needs of our users.

Thank you and we hope that you take advantage of all that Protrada has to offer.

-Team Protrada

Saw ProTrada and signed up. Seems kind of buggy to me or do I need something other than Firefox? What the heck does assessing mean? Uploaded a bunch of my portfolio just to play around and it seems like it takes forever to "assess" or whatever they do with the names. What I really wanted to see was how the site building features work and how good they are.

Support emailed me wondering if I had any questions, and pushing for me to link my external accounts, but I'm just not in any hurry to give that level of access if I'm not going to use it. Seems like the pricing has moved all over the place in the last few months too. Tried to get a coupon or something from support so I could try the site building feature (all I really wanted anyway), but they wouldn't oblige me.

Anyway, doubt I am going to drop $20-$50 just to try something out. What have your experiences been with it. Seems very quiet since December when Adam had the 24 hour special (that I missed of course). Anybody using them fully and spending the $49/ month for all the extras?

Any site examples from members here?

Last edited:

Team Protrada

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello David,
Thank you for pointing this out.
We have done the necessary research and have not found any trademark violations that would be associated with this domain.
Please take a look at Trademarkia's search results for "Tom Cruise".

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any feedback or questions.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

It seems like tomcruisemovies.com would be a serious trademark violation, (especially with it being for sale) so why feature that one?

P.S. Why the small font size in your post?

Last edited:

Team Protrada

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Mark,
Thank you for pointing that out to us.

The four remaining links show great examples of the possibilities made available by our new Semantic Site Building Engine.
We hope that you join us on Protrada in the future (if you haven't already done so).

Thank you,
Team Protrada
I would still have concern, especially in light of how verizon treated parked.com. It ought to be on someones mind at PT I hope.

But just for fyi,...

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2006/d2006-0560.html

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your research is in all likelihood flawed. It's a TM violation since you are making commercial gain of his famous name with advertising revenue and offering it for sale too which is a double negative

Hello David,
Thank you for pointing this out.
We have done the necessary research and have not found any trademark violations that would be associated with this domain.
Please take a look at Trademarkia's search results for "Tom Cruise".

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any feedback or questions.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Mark,
Thank you for pointing that out to us.

The four remaining links show great examples of the possibilities made available by our new Semantic Site Building Engine.
We hope that you join us on Protrada in the future (if you haven't already done so).

Thank you,
Team Protrada

No problem.

Been a member for awhile.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

But the question remains,..

Do you block and take down the likes of tomcruisemovies.com?...

or do you just take down the reference to them here at dnf.

This is important to me.

I cant afford to associate my domains with a company that may be a target of tm lawyers.

This should be important to domainers that hold legitimate domains and want to sell/monetize them in a fair fashion that doesnt besmirch the industry.

Troy Rushton

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problem.

Been a member for awhile.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

But the question remains,..

Do you block and take down the likes of tomcruisemovies.com?...

or do you just take down the reference to them here at dnf.

This is important to me.

I cant afford to associate my domains with a company that may be a target of tm lawyers.

This should be important to domainers that hold legitimate domains and want to sell/monetize them in a fair fashion that doesnt besmirch the industry.

Hey Mark

Our position is that we do not support or condone trademark violation. As a platform, we battle this issue daily & accordingly have implemented the assessment process to address the issue. That said, trademark law can be very ambiguous & constantly evolving as evidenced with the Madonna & Lady Gaga situations - sometimes common sense does not prevail.

Without a reliable central source of registered trademarks, we are forced to rely upon our own research and endeavors, which as you would appreciate becomes very labor intensive. We do have however use sources such as trademarkia.com and are constantly seeking a more efficient filtering process.

We would really support a stronger position at the registry level to prevent infringements occurring in the first place. In the event we receive any notification of infringement we immediately take action as we have done effectively for the last 2 years.

We appreciated your thoughts on the matter

best

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My feedback on ProTrada: poor platform which did not show the expired domain results I hoped for. I used it primarily for researching expiring domains, and was very disappointed with how it performed. I'm sticking with DropDay.

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My feedback on ProTrada: poor platform which did not show the expired domain results I hoped for. I used it primarily for researching expiring domains, and was very disappointed with how it performed. I'm sticking with DropDay.

Hey Jilo & thanks for your feedback.

We're making great headway on improving the expiring domains process, we're close on rolling out the next upgrade which should address your challenges…

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom